DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still BNIB. I watched Big D's review on YouTube
and had to have one... This thing is a dynamic MONSTER! Note that the test voltage on the birth sheet is at 12.6...

I've since changed build plans so this is on the chopping block. $325 shipped in the CONUS. PayPal fees included. Let me know if you need any other pics.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Draw Wise I think the Orion from what I have seen takes a lot more compared to the Sundown. The SIA 3.5K does certified just over 3K at 2 ohms and has seen over 3,500 at 1 ohm certified. Tbh both are rock solid. Those Orions are nice amplifiers. What stinks is Orion has filed for Bankruptcy and no one knows what is going to happen.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Draw Wise I think the Orion from what I have seen takes a lot more compared to the Sundown. The SIA 3.5K does certified just over 3K at 2 ohms and has seen over 3,500 at 1 ohm certified. Tbh both are rock solid. Those Orions are nice amplifiers. What stinks is Orion has filed for Bankruptcy and no one knows what is going to happen.
Good info. Thanks.
Good luck with sale Mooster

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yep very iffy with them filing for BK. That orion amplifier is a beast no doubt. I wanted one for awhile as well. Worth every penny but you definitely have to have the electrical to back that sucker up though. Just have to wait and see what happens with Orion filing that BK and see what comes of it in the future.

GLWS! Someone is going to get a VERY nice amplifier at a very good price!

·
Registered
668 Posts
amp outdoes its power rating, and has good control of the subs, if youve got minor electrical upgrades, this thing is for you, i know a guy who switched to one from a "3k" and was blown away by the difference, and that was with it throttled back because of voltage drop on factory electrical

1 - 16 of 16 Posts