DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Raided by my step dads old audio gear thats been sitting for a really long time. Everything is in great condition for what it is.

I tested the amps. The Isis and Ulysses work and play music. One of the Autoteks doesn't light up or play music and the other, it worked but when i was putting it back together, the rca ground broke off from the board when I took off the bottom plate to get pics. I pulled too hard and it all came at once, twisted the rca solder. Easy fix with a fab of solder.

All of these items are quite old and i highly recommend having them recapped and looked at. These won't be a simple buy and throw in your rig for an OS build.

I didnt test any of the small things. I ran power and remote to the Ophelia and the power light lit up. Thats the extent of the testing i did on it.

I honestly don't know the worth if these. Some eBay searching has shown decently high prices around the $400 mark. Seems high to me. I'd like to get around $200 for these each. I can make a deal for multiple or the broken ones.

Shipping will be tricky as these are monsters in the weight department. I can guarantee proper and good packaging though.

Lmk if you're interested, questions.

Have a great day.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
618 Posts
Dug out the 1995 Car Stereo Review Buyer's Guide and here's what I found:
Ulysses-Rated at 25x2 at 4 Ohms, 180x2 at 1/2 ohm, and 360x1 at 1 ohm. MSRP 630
ISIS-Rated at 50x2 at 4 ohms, 275x2 at 1/2 ohm, and 550x1 at 1 ohm. MSRP 999

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Half ohm in the 90s. Damn son. I know alot of these were considered cheater amps to keep them in certain classes in competition. They did far more than rated.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts