Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
18,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:
SB Acoustics 17NRXC35-4

Condition of all items:
One has been tested on the Klippel. The other is BNIB.

Total Price: :
$110 shipped, PP included, to CONUS.
Madisound pricing is $135 shipped for a pair BNIB.
You save about 20% buying from me. :)

If you happen to be attending the MECA World Finals on October 16th in Nashville, TN, I can meet you with these and save you shipping.

PM or email at hardisj at gmail dot com.

Shipping Terms: :
UPS or USPS

Pictures:

Additional info:

I ordered a pair of these from Madisound a couple weeks ago to test on the Klippel. Rather than ordering one, I ordered two because the plan for me is to sell off whatever I klippel in order to break even. They've offered me OEM pricing for test drivers and I'm passing that savings on to you guys.

Since I know I'm going to get asked, yes, I listened to them. Here are my subjective impressions:
I listened to my favorites: Tears For Fears' Everybody Wants To Rule The World, Dire Straits' Ride Across The River, and Janis Ian's Breaking Silence off my Behringer EP2500 at mid to HIGH volume (95dB+) levels. Driver was mounted on the test baffle and playing open baffle (pictured below). I scooted around the driver to get a feel for response on and off axis.

First off, I think these are really nice drivers for the price. IMO, you'll not want to take them below about 70-80hz in most doors for most people's listening levels, but softer music can cross lower. I wouldn't let them play past about 4khz on the top end. They get pretty shouty above that at higher volumes (90dB+) and sibilance @ 5khz takes precedent.
At this same volume the low end distortion is noticeable but the drivers don't bottom (again, keep in mind I'm listening to these "infinite" baffle, attached only to a ~3x3ft baffle). With a high pass filter of 60hz or so, this wouldn't have been an issue. With moderate volume the low end distortion isn't as prominent.

The build quality on these drivers is excellent and they feel very solid. There is no noticeable buzz or resonance at high volumes which is really nice. The cone handles this VERY well. Most drivers with this seemingly denser material (I liken it to poly-paper density, but have no idea what it actually is) have audible breakup at high volumes; something that's caused me to switch midbass drivers about 20 million times.

If it were me and I'm using them IN THE DOORS, I'd be bandpassing them between 80hz-3.5khz with a 24dB slope on each end. Of course, this is just guesswork; car may cause me to change those numbers. If you can put them in an enclosure, you'll have no issues with 60hz, IMO.
Bottom line, for $110 shipped, I really do think they're excellent drivers. If you're spending $250+, I think you can do better. But at this price, I think they're pretty hard to beat.

I have klippel data here:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum...396-sb-acoustics-17nrxc35-4-klippel-data.html

- Erin

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I happen to be attending... with these in the old ladies doors.... very nice for the price!

PS if they don't sell bring them anyway... we might blow one after she gets judged :p

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
I happen to be attending... with these in the old ladies doors.... very nice for the price!

PS if they don't sell bring them anyway... we might blow one after she gets judged :p
Blow it with MJ cranked up?

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Reckon these would spank the TB's I'm running? Considering trying new things. GLWS.

Ooh.. wanna set of TB W6-789E to klippel?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Gmail sent

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Not to get off topic but is this the driver that Arc Audio is using for their Black series comps?

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
black is built for life in a door and the sb is meant for life in a box in a living room....

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
They are very small changes.... the sb's are staying in the doors for finals. great driver for the price...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.