DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
18,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Information:
Selling my pair of Kef HTS3001SE speakers. You can find specs and information via Kef's page here:
Home Theatre Speakers - KHT 3000 - Fact Sheets - Speakers - HTS3001SE - KEF International

Condition:
I recently purchased a set of these to test and the results were posted on my site. I only used one for about an hour total and then packaged it back up. So, one is used and the other is BNIB.

The response on these speakers is quite nice and for the price are great all-around use speakers with solid low end response and good off-axis dispersion. They are generally used as satellite speakers or desktop speakers but some have used them in smaller HT or Audio-Room setups with excellent results. Pair them with a sub and you'll be set. The WAF is extremely high. The gloss black and egg shape make these speakers that should meet any wife's approval. ;)

If you want, the 4" drivers can be easily removed and used in the car in a small footprint with the supplied crossover and with great results. One channel per side would net you a great car audio system with a small footprint. For the money, this is probably one of the better coaxial drivers with supplied passive. You get a point source driver with high frequency response that wideband/fullrange drivers do not possess. And, at my asking price, you're paying less than $100/driver. Considering most pay nearly twice this for separate mids and tweeters, this is a steal of a price with great benefits.

Price:
A set of these runs $550 shipped from Kef direct. E-bay prices are scarce unless you want to import from the UK.
My asking price is $390 shipped, including paypal fees, in the CONUS.

PM is okay but email is quicker. My email is hardisj(at)gmail(dot)com.

Pictures:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
834 Posts
After reading Erin's write up on these, a buddy of mine pulled the trigger on a whole set. Got them set up a couple of days ago. These are everything they are supposed to be.

GLWS! I'm sure it won't be long.

·
Premium Member
5,975 Posts
Ugh you're killing me. I went to CES last week and I'd say that Kef's room offered the best combination of cost and good sound. (IE, it may not have been the very best sound, but there wasn't anything I heard that was better at their price point.)

I know that might sound like faint praise, but IMHO it's a lot easier to deliver great sound when you're not limited by a budget.

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
I love KeF`s Eggs. I have 5 of them. would make a perfect front stage if you can fit them in interior of your car. Their point source design is terrific.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Man I want them.

·
Premium Member
5,975 Posts
I love KeF`s Eggs. I have 5 of them. would make a perfect front stage if you can fit them in interior of your car. Their point source design is terrific.
I keep thinking about doing some under dash horns with the KHT1005s.

Hornresp says that they'll work well in a back loaded horn. Might be very dynamic, with great imaging.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts