DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the block is a very rare pair of 3-way active xovers. They were made by Phaze audio, and are adjustable with resistor packs like the old carver and a/d/s pieces are. They have both balanced and single-ended inputs, and balanced outputs (XLR). The slope is selectable from either 12db or 24db. The input stage is tubed, these are really beautiful. I have the original box, manual, and several chips for one, and it is super minty. The other one is very special. I was told that it was modified for scott budwalla. I can not confirm this, but it functions like normal. I was told it had better quality components, and the upgrade was done by mr. butler himself. I do not have any extras for that unit, and it does not hav a shroud, just the board and chassis, but it looks nice exposed. I am taking offers on this, as i dont really need to sell, but would like to buy another couple dcx2496 for mods. Shoot me your offers.
Thanks
Hans

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
One of the best analog units I've used... I believe it has some kind of noise reduction circuitry inside because once I installed it, all the noise from my amps completely disappeared.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't recall any noise circuit in it. That would be the Xtant P500. But the Tube Driver crossovers do an excellent job in an active system. I'd toss them on Ebay where they will get some decent money.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Ah you're right it was the p500! I used to have that one with the ldx-23 back when I was all analog. Good call lol...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Still for sale???

let me know..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.