·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD $300 SHIPPED

Product Brand & Model: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Condition of all items: Like new

Total Price: : $300 shipped

Shipping Terms: : None. I'm shipping from Puerto Rico, so the price is solid, as the shipping will likely run me a couple of dollars. Will ship by USPS.

Pictures: - Video I did for Mazda3Forums.com. There's a part 2 in my channel. Will post pictures in-car tomorrow if interest is shown.

‪Arolbreaker's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

Additional info:

I've owned this unit for about 6 months now, and it's worked flawlessly so far.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers is responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We reccomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmmm. Interesting.... Gotta sleep on this one.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm. Interesting.... Gotta sleep on this one.

I forgot to add that I still have the original box that it came in safely stored. It'll be double-boxed in whatever USPS box it fits. Basically, I'm paying for shipping.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Great unit. I've got one in my truck right now. I've got a 32GB SD memory card in it and NEVER have to play a CD.... some like 400 albums on that card, and also a 32GB USB flash drive. Pioneer's website says it supports up to a 2GB memory card, but it will handle 32GB, possibly more. The only problem is how long it takes to read the card and start playing, a couple of minutes. I solved that by wiring it up to start reading when I remote-start my truck and by the time I get in, it's ready to go. :D

I had to go through some trouble to name tracks and albums, get the dir structure oriented properly and such, but it took me a little while to do that and now it's super cool.

Great unit.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Sold mine to go active, otherwise I would still be using it. Great deck, good eq, user friendly iPod control IMO, and great looking deck. Free bump for ya.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the bumps guys.

If anybody buys this today, I'll make sure to get it shipped by tomorrow, so it'll arrive at least Tuesday.

A couple nibbles but no white shark bites yet! (watching shark week...)

·
Registered
111 Posts
From my research it does not have a wired remote (aka Steering wheel input). Is that correct?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
From my research it does not have a wired remote (aka Steering wheel input). Is that correct?
you need an adapter for steering wheel controls. taken from crutchfield:

Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use this adapter to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.

PAC SWI-PS Steering wheel control interface for Dual, Jensen, Pioneer, and Sony at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yep, I already have the axxess. I have heard its faster than the pac swi's. Boy they were slow. I refuse to use a swi-x. But either way. Without the wired remote input I wouldnt be able to use it the axxess anyway.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Those Pac units are just like the swi-x. And they are slow. Push the buttons too fast and they dont register. Or they register half of the presses. If that makes any sense. ;) I know. I'm a picky sob. Its going into the misses car and she has to have her steering wheel controls and does not want the setup I had in my BMW before I sold it. I always wanted to get the 4200dvd and almost bought 2 for christmas. (One for me ;) ) But I didnt. I could have got them both for $325 each brand new from a local shop that has since gone out of business. Still kicking myself in the ace for that one. But no wired remote is a deal breaker. Good luck with the sale. Thats an awesome price and you should not have any problems selling it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those Pac units are just like the swi-x. And they are slow. Push the buttons too fast and they dont register. Or they register half of the presses. If that makes any sense. ;) I know. I'm a picky sob. Its going into the misses car and she has to have her steering wheel controls and does not want the setup I had in my BMW before I sold it. I always wanted to get the 4200dvd and almost bought 2 for christmas. (One for me ;) ) But I didnt. I could have got them both for $325 each brand new from a local shop that has since gone out of business. Still kicking myself in the ace for that one. But no wired remote is a deal breaker. Good luck with the sale. Thats an awesome price and you should not have any problems selling it.

Thanks for the interest and I hope you find what you're looking for! :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
I already have the Axxess. I dont need the stalk since the car already has steering wheel controls. The only thing holding me back is the lack of a wired remote/steering wheel input on the radio. Which after more research isnt very common on a/v double din headunits. ;( . Ah well. I may have to wait and fork out the extra dough for the 4300dvd. I remember back in the day alot of head units, especially sony had the wired remote inputs. But back then, they really had wired remotes. I guess around 7 years ago or so they figured out that they were wasting their money. Now more and more cars have steering wheel controls. They (Car electronics companies) are bringing them back.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
This DOES have the input you need. I am using an Axxess on my 4200 and it is FABULOUS. Much faster than the PAC one, from what I hear. There is ZERO delay.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Interesting. Hey Syaoran. Can you take some pics of the rear of the unit? If it does have the mini jack in the rear I will take it off your hands. I will be out doing alittle "Light Work" today. But I will be having lunch with the misses around 12.30pm EST. I will check for updates then. I hope this works out.

Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Interesting. Hey Syaoran. Can you take some pics of the rear of the unit? If it does have the mini jack in the rear I will take it off your hands. I will be out doing alittle "Light Work" today. But I will be having lunch with the misses around 12.30pm EST. I will check for updates then. I hope this works out.

Thanks
I'll do that now, give me a couple of minutes.

EDIT: Wow I didn't think this phone took good photos O_O Will upload more if needed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Left side mini jack labled w/r. Wired remote. Consider it sold. Pm me your paypal I will be home in an hour or so. I will pay you then.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.