DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi darinof how does this compare to the p99 unit? I understand that this is a older unit but its ODR which is above the pioneer Carrozzeria line right? I ask cuz on paper this model is right there with the 99 minus the akm dacs which are great. I'm really interested in this setup. Also of u can give insight how does it compare to the p80rs ty.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi darinof how does this compare to the p99 unit? I understand that this is a older unit but its ODR which is above the pioneer Carrozzeria line right? I ask cuz on paper this model is right there with the 99 minus the akm dacs which are great. I'm really interested in this setup. Also of u can give insight how does it compare to the p80rs ty.
It is an older unit. I had the p99 before on this same truck before and switched to the p9 and never looked back. Both are top of the line Pioneer products but IMO this is a better looking unit. Some things that I didn't like about the P99 was the small volume knob, the remote and the tuning menu.
The 80prs is a great unit but the P9 is on another level, more solid, better components, better looking, 4way vs 3way

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
P9 has a great rendering of space. I remember years and years ago when I was listening to Def Leppard Pyromania , Billy’s got a gun, in the beginning a helicopter is landing and the rendering of it coming in was so realistic.

if someone is looking for a steal this is it. You may pay slightly more than a PRS 80 II butyour getting much more.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
With the cd 7x, does the P9 show the song? Do you use the P9 to control
The iPod or do you have to use the iPod controls?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
With the cd 7x, does the P9 show the song? Do you use the P9 to control
The iPod or do you have to use the iPod controls?

This is how it shows the song info. It is easier and faster to use the music menu on the phone and that is what I always used.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts