DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comes with original box, remote, remote mount (NOS just purchased from S. Buwalda), harness, trim ring, etc as pictured.

Radio face is immaculate and functions perfectly.

This HU is as good I have ever heard. I bought it thinking that I would be able to use the digital input to connect a hard drive but the connectors on the Pioneer are proprietary and only work with other Pioneer gear, like the DEQ-P9.

The ONLY issue with this HU is that the trim ring does not connect on all sides. It has never fallen off while driving, but if you push on it just right it will pop off easily. The trim rings are available through Pacparts if you are really anal about it and have to have a new one.

If I could get the digital input to work the way that I want, there is no way I would be selling this.

$410 shipped to Con. US.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,960 Posts
Man I tell you a fine time not to have extra funds. Great price on this unit. Not looking for any trades are you?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would consider an IVA-W505. I know, it isn't the SQ of the Pioneer, but it does some other things that are a priority for me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just to be clear as I am not too familiar with this unit. The digital output only works w/ pioneer such as the DEQ? No other units like the Bit One, DSP6, or DAII. Just curios as I may be interested for the wife's car.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The output on the Pioneer is a multipin optical. There are cables that convert that to a standard toslink, so it might work with the optical in on a bitone, but I can't vouch for it and the owners manual doesn't get into that kind of detail. I was trying to use the digital input put the cable doesn't work in the other direction. I tried to get some buys in the business to weigh in on using the digital input but I could never find anyone that had done it.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,960 Posts
The output on the Pioneer is a multipin optical. There are cables that convert that to a standard toslink, so it might work with the optical in on a bitone, but I can't vouch for it and the owners manual doesn't get into that kind of detail. I was trying to use the digital input put the cable doesn't work in the other direction. I tried to get some buys in the business to weigh in on using the digital input but I could never find anyone that had done it.
If you buy the apline, panasonic, or eclipse DDL 4 pin to toslink cable this unit will work with other units such as the Audsion BitOne.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sorry this didn't work out for you man. Someone will snap it up just like you did :D

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
definitely a clean sounding deck...my favorite...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SQ bump

·
Registered
307 Posts
My favorite HU of all time...Great price...Great HU!!
I use on in my car....love it!
GLWS!

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,960 Posts
Man I can't believe this unit has not sold yet, time to sweet talk the the better half.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Fugg... I want it too...
YGPM

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Bikin, how much do you want for your 800???

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All PM's answered. Somebody give me $400 and get this great deck.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The EQ gives you time alignment and EQ that are not included in the HU.

FYI - It has been tested and found that no HU sounds better on PPI Art or Orion HCCA amps than a DEX-P9 :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
I used to run the 1st version of the ipod control with a DEX-P9 and it sucked. It only displays like 8 characters on the screen. The 2nd version may have fixed this problem, I have no idea. It is not close to as good as it is on the 880

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.