Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Product Brand & Model:

Stinger HPM 3 gauge flat power wire
General Cable 16 gauge shielded speaker wire (has drain wire)

3/4" MDF speaker rings:

1 pair of 8" rings has an OD of 8.625" and an ID of 7.25"
1 pair of 8" rings has an OD 10.5" and an inside diameter of 7"

1/2" MDF speaker rings:

1 pair of 8" rings has an OD of 8.75" and an ID of 7.5"
1 pair of 5.25" rings has an OD of 5.25" and an ID of 4"
1 pair of 5" rings has an OD of 5" and an ID of 4.25"

Condition of all items:

New

Total Price: :

$2/ft shipped of Stinger power wire
$0.40/ft shipped of speaker wire
$8 shipped for 3/4" thick MDF 8" speaker rings
$7 shipped for 1/2" thick MDF 8" speaker ring
$4 shipped for 1/2" thick MDF 5.25" speaker ring
$3 shipped for 1/2" thick MDF 5" speaker ring

Shipping Terms: :

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
546 Posts
it is generally tied to ground. since this is a shielded cable (i assume some type of foil or braided shield) the drain, which is not insulated, is running on the shield and then tied to a ground. this helps reject noise and prevents any ground loops. i havent seen it used on speaker wire much, but im sure it helps more than it hurts.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is generally tied to ground. since this is a shielded cable (i assume some type of foil or braided shield) the drain, which is not insulated, is running on the shield and then tied to a ground. this helps reject noise and prevents any ground loops. i havent seen it used on speaker wire much, but im sure it helps more than it hurts.
EXACTLY! Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks for replying to Nismo's inquiry.

The shield is actually braided (as opposed to foil). The reason I bought it was because I was having noise issues and I was at my wits end trying to figure it out. I was going to swap out various things in order to see if anything made a difference. Finally I figured out that my RCA barrel ends where touching each other causing (I'm guessing) some sort of short so I separated them and eliminated most of the noise. Therefore I no longer need this.

Again, thanks to Ameuba10 for responding.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a 100 foot roll. I plan to use any where from 25 to 35 feet, the rest I don't have any plans on using. So essentially I have 65 to 75 feet that I'm willing to let go. If your interested in the remaining roll let me know. Hope that answers your question. Thanks for your interest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.