3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TRU Technology Class A Line Driver
$300 shipped

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've been seeing these for sale care to explain n depth about it what it does i still havent gotten a definite explanation

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Like any line conditioner or line driver it will boost preamp RCA voltage levels. The topology of this specific line conditioner is Class A where as most are Class AB. So if you have a Class A amp but poor preamp RCA voltage this will be a good match to boost it to allow for lower amp gains which provides lower noise floor and increased dynamic range while maintaining a Class A signal into the Class A amp.

I assume your wondering if it will give Class A sound to class AB amp or class D.. I’ll leave that response to those with experience with that scenario and this specific product.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This line driver provides a super clean signal. It takes voltage and pumps it up. It's 4x. So if you send it 2v it will send out 8. Very helpful because after eq voltage out could be lower and then you have to turn up gains on amp. Inside is a actual class A amp and immediately had better sound up top. More sparkle and detail.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump