DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model:

ESB Italy 10" series 6000 Subs, model SW-6B.25 also known as Zapco Reference Blue 10s
Each sub has a dual 4 ohm coil configuration

a few quick specs
Fs: 26.24 Hz
Xmax 15mm
sensitivity 86.8 db 1W/1m
Qes .399
Qts .299
pm me if you want a full spec sheet emailed.

Condition of all items:

almost perfect condition, 9.9/10 purchased straight from zapco about a year ago. I am really sad to sell these, and I have looked into every option, but my next amplifier and build just HAS to have different impedance than these subs will go to. Owned only by a responsible car audio installer and zapco dealer, I used these in my trailblazer in a sound quality system. I NEVER damage equipment, and these subs were only powered by crystal clean zapco power. No scratches or anything else. I dont even think these subs are broken in yet, they are always turned way down to balance out with the front midbasses.

Also, Im selling them in the box that I built. The box has seperate chambers for each woofer, and the whole box is made of 3/4" MDF except for the double layered baffle. I also used fiberglass resin on the inside of the box, on the back wall, and sealed the terminal cups in place so that they won't leak. Box has 1.2cubes per sub, and makes those subs just sound AWESOME. all rounded corners, and the only side not painted with two layers is the bottom.

text 406-489-1563 with any questions

Total Price: :

$700 OBOfor the pair of tens
$750 OBO the subs and box
$100 for box alone

Shipping Terms: :

Buyer pays shipping, or we could possibly discuss splitting it, just pm me

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I want one badly.

Anything you would be willing to trade for + some money on my part?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Um, I'm just really not looking for any trades.. I mean if a person wanted to buy them in payments, I could hold onto them and ship them once fully paid. But I'm also really trying to sell it as a set. Basically, this rare sub can't be found anymore, and I don't want it to be impossible for someone to have a pair, cause if they find one online, they won't find another. If I found a buyer for each though I would be happy to split them

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This would be the definition of perfect for you man. GL

Specs on the box? I have a pair of Hat 10s that I need a box for. Debating going ported or sealed.
what info do you need? And its hard deciding sealed vs. Ported. Usually I like to use subs with a low fs in sealed enclosures. I only personally Port boxes when I either want to tune them super low and their natural sound isn't that low, or if I want volume and a peak note

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
is 1.2 cuft as small as you would do with these sealed? Also what is rec power?

TS specs? Not available here

http://www.esb.it/contatti.php

Id be pairing it with the esb bluenotes so its meant to be mine

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is 1.2 cuft as small as you would do with these sealed? Also what is rec power?

TS specs? Not available here

http://www.esb.it/contatti.php

Id be pairing it with the esb bluenotes so its meant to be mine
ooh yeah these are the same line as the bluenotes. They say 300 rms and 600 peak but I don't believe that's a good number. They are stiffer than crap, and they have a huge magnet, im running 1200 a piece right now, I have two zapco sub amps. With 300 Watts it would work fine, but with more, low notes and quick bumps will be responsive and will probably sound better. You could use less airspace, but this is where I got to liking the sound most. Built a few test boxes.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
[email protected]

Very interested. How small have you gone as far as sealed? I dont have a cuft Id like to spare if not needed. I may have Don fiberglass me an enclosure for this.

Yeah these can take 1000+ but zapco doesnt want the cone to flex and provide the shortest xmax possible for the note much so they underrated it in hope that less power will keep it linear. They dont consider clipping because this isntaimed towards the clipping sub amp crowds. Silly but logical thinking.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
and how would you compare the sound of these subs to subs like the idq for example

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[email protected]

Very interested. How small have you gone as far as sealed? I dont have a cuft Id like to spare if not needed. I may have Don fiberglass me an enclosure for this.
I went down to .9 and though it sounded good, i just prefer it up at 1.2.
i havent heard the idq's, but i can explain how these subs sound. So, being tens they are super responsive, because they don't have a lot of moving mass. also, since they are tens, they can play in the higher ranges without sounding muffled like when a large sub plays high. in addition, since they have a super low fs, that makes them all other sorts of awesome. their low fs enables them to hit super low while sounding natural. thats a big thing for me cause of the rap that i sometimes listen to. some 10s can hit low, but almost sound hollow, or don't have any depth in the low tone. thats not the story with these. their low fs also makes them dissapear pretty well, like you can't tell that its all coming from behind you. the low fs also is very important for these subs, because they react differently to music than any sub i have heard. if you get a couple alpine/rockford, or other popular low end subs, they really kick hard when you are listening to songs with heavy bass bumps, or songs with a kick drum, or a bass guitar. those subs have a peak in that frequency, and you can tell. this sub has such a low peak, that up in the bass guitar/kick drum range, you are hearing a flat response from the sub. there is a reason that audiophiles like this sub, its because it reproduces sound accurately, and it doesn't emphasize anything in the music if it's not supposed to. MAN! i want to keep these so bad now! stupid impedance.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts