DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Very nice, I was looking at doing my amp rack with extruded aluminum as well to form a frame. Nice to see someone else use it. And it is nice to see someone else with some Brax gear in their car as well. Few and far between around here, lol!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Man...I would love some Brax amplification.

Reactions: HanPham

·
Registered
686 Posts
wow, thank you for posting all of this! I am planning to do this exact same set-up for my vehicle for the power. thanks again, true master craftsman!

What size alternator is the car using? How are the 1000F of capacitors working? How did you choose the size of capacitors?

Also, how did you get maxwell cap banks?? Is that old stock?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
wow, thank you for posting all of this! I am planning to do this exact same set-up for my vehicle for the power. thanks again, true master craftsman!

What size alternator is the car using? How are the 1000F of capacitors working? How did you choose the size of capacitors?

Also, how did you get maxwell cap banks?? Is that old stock?
Hi,
I keep the OEM alternator!
The voltage after that Caps is 14.2V in average - Upto 14.4V and always >14V. Never mind ;)
I get used Maxwell caps from some guy who selling that for truck starting back-up

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Can someone explain why the maxwell caps appear to be wired on the way out of the amps? Brax caps in, maxwell out? What are the maxwells doing?

And also, amazing build man, I really liked the wiring and the copper ferrules you guys handcrafted - never seen that before. Looks like an excellent way to make perfect fitting ferrules. I guess you spot welded them? Very clean.

·
Registered
686 Posts
the caps all appear to be there on the power supply inputs to the amps. the dual 500F Maxwell caps are providing current/energy for transients to the amplifiers, the dual 1F Brax caps are there to filter potential power supply/alternator noise. the system diagram shows all four caps in there. see post #17, #18.

it looks like the amps have dual power inputs, (each amp has internal 150A fusing). the 500F caps are on the bottom of the install it appears, all of them appear to be connected to the power supply input side of the amps. he might have integrated some of the power connections for the caps into the frame of the amp rack. this install looks soooo good. (y)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts