DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

This is my first thread and I would really appreciate some help and guidance in upgrading my stock system. I am fairly new to car audio so please don't take offense if I ask some silly questions.

What I am looking for and Key Info:
- I listen primarily to House, Hip Hop, Pop (Michael Jackson...) and Classic Rock Music.
- I am looking for a system that that has superb imaging, detail and a neutral to slightly warm sound.
- I want the Bass to blend seamlessly, but still accurately hit those low notes the system would otherwise struggle with or miss.
- My budget is flexible and sits at around $2,750 plus install. If I am not too far away from a big step up then I will spend a bit more.
- I have no issue with Second Hand Gear
- I want the system to truly do the car justice

Let me bring you all up to speed on what I plan on doing:

- Dynamat/SPL on Doors and Rear Decklid
- Subwoofer firing through the ski pass
- New 3 Way Component System
- New Amp/s
- Use Stock Cd Player and Nav Unit

I have narrowed my options down to the following (after reading many many threads here):

Option 1 (Dynaudio):
Esotec 342 System
Esotar 1200 Sub
Audison Bit One

Option 2 (Hertz Audio):
Hertz Mille MLK 3 PA
JL Audio 12W6V2
Audison Bit one

Option 3 (Morel):
Not too familiar, but I know it is highly regarded (A Morel 3 Way Component System)
JL Audio 12W6V2
Audison Bit One

Option 4 (Esotar/Esotec)- I WISH (Likely too far out of budget, would need to be all second hand and still a stretch)
Esotar 650 (Pair)
Esotar 430 (Pair)
Esotec Tweeter (Pair), Esotar Doesn't Fit
Esotar Passive Crossovers (Pair)
Esotar Sub
Audison Bit One

Questions:

- As I do not have the ability to listen to the above speakers, which option, or combination of the various options, is better and why?

- Which option would you consider the best bang for buck option?

- Would a JL Audio HD 900/5 Amplifier do the speakers above justice? If not what would you recommend as a really good amp that doesn't cost big money ($3 to $5 Grand), otherwise I would be going for a Tru Billet 6 (Yes I've been reading)?

- Is the Dynaudio Esotar 1200 sub leaps and bounds better than the JL 12W6V2? It will cost me double.

- What ratio would you allocate to speakers vs amp?

I thank you all for taking the time to read my post and I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks Again,
BlackCGT

P.S. I had Focal K2 Powers in my previous car (F430) and did not find them very impressive, hence why Focal was not listed.I found the 2 way system lacked detail and wasn't anything truly "special"

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
where do you live? i'd be happy to come over, you know give you advice, help install, steal your car... :)

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
where do you live? i'd be happy to come over, you know give you advice, help install, steal your car... :)
start swimming :)

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Hahaha, not quite the help I was hoping for.:laugh:
lol. if you like the dyn 650's check on this site. Iknow a guy was selling a set for like $900

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
pm Don "6speedcoupe"
He is a Dyn dealer and carries other high-end goodies.
His customer's have given him some great feedback on here.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
That car is just straight SEX.....

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Actually, i'm in Overland Park, which is a slightly different scene, haha.
Still, I understand why you would say that lol
Oh really? Me too!

Car is beautiful by the way!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Are you doing the install?
No I will find a trusted shop to do the work and I will be considering creating a thread of the transformation, including photos of the install.

Thanks to all for compliments on the car. It has a special body kit and wheel package. I find it gives the car a unique, aggresive and yet still classy look.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Thanks for sharing that car with us, makes me want to sell off some of my properties lol...

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
quite honestly, you are looking at alot of really high end speakers there. go listen to em pick the one you like the best. install will be at least 50% of how good it sounds anyway, so make sure you pick a good installer.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
No matter what is suggested to you, it will still be an opinionated system. Sure we can come up with several ways to quantify our statements, but in the end it will be your ears vs our opinion. Even research by today's standards is not a given. I wish that I could just wave a wand and have a completed sound system. The fact is that I have spent and wasted thousands of dollars following what I thought would keep me happy. In fact to this day I still am. Take your time listen to systems when you can, read a lot when you can't. In the end I wish you full happiness and sonic nirvana. :)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts