DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was browsing my local Kmart with my measuring tape as usual and stumbled upon an odd sized kitchen sauce pot. I had just purchased my 4" Peerless HDS mids and needed an enclosure for them. Apparently Faberware makes a mini melting pot. It measures 4" wide and is 2.5" deep. It turned out to be a perfect size enclosure for the Peerless and I could not be happier with the test fit thus far.

Enjoy, here are some pics

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
lol, if it works, do it. I would dampen it with some deadening material so it doesnt resonate. but no reason that cant work.

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
So I was browsing my local Kmart with my measuring tape as usual and stumbled upon an odd sized kitchen sauce pot. I had just purchased my 4" Peerless HDS mids and needed an enclosure for them. Apparently Faberware makes a mini melting pot. It measures 4" wide and is 2.5" deep. It turned out to be a perfect size enclosure for the Peerless and I could not be happier with the test fit thus far.

Enjoy, here are some pics
I can't help but think there's got to be a tupperware or similar type product that would work just as well, cheaper, and won't resonate.
Let us know how it all sounds once you're done.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't help but think there's got to be a tupperware or similar type product that would work just as well, cheaper, and won't resonate.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
Yah my main concern is how warm will it get because the inside of a car can get quite toasty. They are made of stainless steel so with the aluminum cone I think it looks pretty sweet. As for dampening it I had that idea too... I would hate for a loose speaker wire to short out the stereo if it hit the steel!

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
Already tried it and the summer heat melted the plastic and made it very soft and bendable... Check my install log

1 - 8 of 8 Posts