DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
I am working my arse off on business and our project car but need a set of midbasses to go with our LCY110s in the house, any idea if they can match up crossover wise??

I just do not have the time to look it up, only pop on here and a few other favorite forums when I can squeeze in a few minutes here and there.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
How does the 8" compair in SQ to the 7", and in terms of upper end performance and midrange....I'm not worrying at all about the midbass, i know its there easily, but would like to really take a pair of these per cabinet, and mate them with a nice tweet, and the 4 would be a little over 100 total.

So opinions.....Suggestions?

Whats highest usuable xover point as well

Possibly the Ref tweet may be used as well....not sure if its got what i want yet, i'm so used to my metal dome LPG's i dunno if i would like the Dayton's. :confused:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Damn it, why did you post this? Now I want to order a pair, and like Dave, for moment store them in the office closet with the rest of my extra audio crap...

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Thanks, I am working on ideas for active crossover, not sure when I can do much with that idea but once done I can swap out drivers easily enough and not deal with building passives. I do not use the surround channels on the Marantz HT reciever(posted about this a few weeks ago) so looking for ways to get some use out of them:)

I will keep looking at other drivers then, thanks,

Rick

·
Registered
212 Posts
haha... i just couldn't pass it up. sure it wasnt much off because those speakers are damn cheap to begin with but i figured why wait for them to go back up or even higher.

now all i need is to save up for some lcy 110's :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.