DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Which should I get based on my Criteria?

• Seas G18RNX

Votes: 37 48.1%
  • Peerless Exclusive 7"

Votes: 40 51.9%

G18RNX or Exclusive 7" ???

9K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  niceguy 
#1 ·
I'm ready to buy one of these set's. Which one should I get????

They will be powered off their own channel of a MB Quart QAA4250 (250 watts rms x 4 @ 4 ohms) and the headunit is a DRZ9255.

Door completely deadened.

I want the driver with better midbass, better midrange, and best for door IB use. For use in a 2 way setup.

Thanks for your opinions, don't forget to vote in the poll. :)

#18 ·
cotdt said:
the peerless exclusive has better clarity up top, but has pretty average low end. to me the peerless is a league above the seas basic line when it comes to midrange performance.
x2 on the clarity,the lower end suffers some.Cant wait to compare them to the Daytons I just received.

#20 ·
I've had my 7" Peerless Exclusives installed now for several weeks. In my very well damped and sealed doors, the midbass from this set is awesome imo. Much better than any other set of mids I've ever run by quite a bit, even better than a set of Illusion ND8s I ran years ago. I have mine bandpassed from 80hz to 2Khz. I really don't like the way they sound when lowpassed any higher than that, atleast in my install. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone shopping around for some mids that fit in a 2 way setup.

Having said that, I have no experience with any of the Seas drivers... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.