DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Slowpoke
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other gamers in this forum?

Lifelong gamer here. Before any graphics were available I was writing silly little word games with simple text graphics on a Kaypro to entertain myself. I've built a few gaming rigs, but went back to consoles a few years ago and no looking back.

Mostly FPS and racing games on my rig. Playing GT Sport at the moment - having mixed emotions about all the changes, but the graphics are OFMG!!! :eek:

Just finished up PREY - simply an amazing game. Always looking for the next great game...

Not totally off-topic either. I know some of yous put consoles in your cars :rolleyes:. One of my first car audio buddies put an OG PS in his '91 Accord wayback then. It was kinda cool riding around playing playstation - loudly.

Any other gamers around? :ears:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Define, gamer... :D Still have my Atari, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS4, Xbox 360... an Alienware M18X, and just built a PC we affectionately refer to as Hydra because of the liquid cooling and red/black theme it has going on.

Just finished Mad Max, Brutal Legend, and Warhammer III on PC, Mafia 3 and Wolfenstein The Old Blood, New Order, and Little Big Planet 3 on PS4

·
Registered
115 Posts
Gamer here, been a gamer since I was around 3 years old, PC right now but nothing can beat a round on the classic snes, N64, Megadrive and all the other oldies!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Not sure I'd call myself (or qualify as) "a gamer," but...

My first gaming experience/mild obsession was Pole Position (that 25-cent arcade game, from back in the early '80s), and I thought I was really something... LOL.

Several years later, a friend got Chuck Yeager's Air Combat for his 486 PC, and I became fairly skilled at (and soon bored with) killing five MIG 21s in an F4 Phantom (though I really sucked at flying the prop-jobs - where I couldn't simply power-through my utter lack of patience and skill).

And then in 2004, I bought a PS2 and GT3 (and the crappy Logitech wheel & pedals of the day; and I wore out/broke two of those POS before upgrading to the vastly better and more durable Driving Force GT a few years later). I loved GT3.

In 2005 I bought GT4, and played that until 2015 :eek: LOL. I loved GT4 (though in some ways not as much as GT3), especially the Nordschleife.

In early 2016 I bought a PS4 and Project CARS (and a Logitech G29 and "shifter"). Awesome game and setup, though in many ways I miss GT (and while I've heard a lot about later versions, I've only ever played GT3 and GT4).

GT rant: They seem to have lost their way. I wish they would simply make a replacement/update of GT3/GT4 - though with much more realistic competition (more cars on track, and reasonable parity between them, with much better AI...), more cars (and more options for upgrading and tuning them), and more tracks. Top notch graphics would be nice too, but not at the expense of everything else (though I'm not at all sure that is the issue).

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Sort of a family of gamers, we have various consoles from an N64 through to an Xbox One X.

Actually, one of you may be able to help.... so I have an Xbox One and now an Xbox One X. I moved the Xbox One to another room, but, and this is really annoying, anytime I am using the One X, if someone turns on the Xbox One, it kicks me back to the main menu. Same if someone is using the One and I turn on the One X, it even kicks me out of things like YouTube.

I do not want to pay for a second Xbox Gold account, but with 4 people in the house wanting to use the consoles it's not going to work with someone constantly being kicked out of what they are doing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I started out on consoles NES, SNES, playstation. Built my first PC in 2004 and played the shit out of NWN2. Then I got into EQ2 in 2009 and raged out there till about a year ago. Gave WoW a try, it was fun for 6 months. Haven't really played anything recently.

·
Registered
198 Posts
PC gamer here and occasionally play on my PS3. I mainly play racing games and RPG's. I've been playing a lot of Path of Exile lately(similar to Diablo 2) and recently got Grid Autosport through a Humble Bundle so been playing that a little as well.

·
Registered
18,410 Posts
used to be semi-pro in halo 3 and halo reach. i still play halo (5 now) from time to time. if anyone wants to add me on xbox live, my tag is Ashbury 7s

edit: now that i think about it, i just bought my first non-Halo xbox game ever since ive owned an xbox 2 days ago. friends convinced me to get the new call of duty. never played it before. took me one game to figure everything out, then started carrying them lol

·
Registered
328 Posts
Been gaming nearly my whole life. From Atari up to Today. Ive been on both the xbox and playstation side, landed on PC master race. Online goes as far back as BBS text based games.

I no longer enjoy the long single player games, I just dont have time enough when I sit down to really care about the background, story, or purpose. 95% of my current gaming is loading into online servers goofing off for what time I have and then able to shut down and not have to care where I left off.

·
2,514 Posts
I still have all my old systems (nes, snes, n64, gamecube, wii, genesis, dreamcast, tg16, Atari jaguar, ps 1, 2 and 3, xbox, xbox 360 and xbox 1) but for the most part play on my computer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just got a PS4 not too long ago. To play only GT Sport. I have played GT almost exclusively since GT3. Not saying I am any good at it, but it is fun. I have gotten my 6 yr old son hooked on it, now as well. There are some quirks to the game, for sure, and I haven't tried the online races yet, so that will be something when I get around to it. The graphics are amazing, though! I think the soundtrack is much better as well.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Been hardcore nes came out, I love all types of genres, FF6 and dark souls 1 are the best games ever made. I’m playin cuphead now but find myself spending most my time watching paw patrol if you know what I mean.

·
Slowpoke
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GT rant: They seem to have lost their way. I wish they would simply make a replacement/update of GT3/GT4 - though with much more realistic competition (more cars on track, and reasonable parity between them, with much better AI...), more cars (and more options for upgrading and tuning them), and more tracks. Top notch graphics would be nice too, but not at the expense of everything else (though I'm not at all sure that is the issue).
I thought the same about it before playing it. My biggest gripe, and it's a major gripe, is that you have to be connected to the internet for most of the functionality. For that reason I haven't bought it. But luckily my library stocks such things & I've been playing it for the last week. If you have a stable internet connection & that won't change, this game is a keeper. It's not what GT6 or previous versions were, but it has new stuff where old stuff went away. And I suspect there will be lots of additions - especially as it is an internet-based game in a lot of ways.

Don't get me wrong, it aggravates me that the game was altered so radically, but in the end it's still a killer racing game. The graphics are insane. The detail in the cars is like nothing I've ever seen - like by a longshot. It actually runs smoothly too. The AI can be a bit pushy, which is particularly annoying since the game is so preachy about 'manners', but if you have a PS4 & you like racing games it should be in your collection. I'm buying it after this copy is due back.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I thought the same about it before playing it. My biggest gripe, and it's a major gripe, is that you have to be connected to the internet for most of the functionality. For that reason I haven't bought it. But luckily my library stocks such things & I've been playing it for the last week. If you have a stable internet connection & that won't change, this game is a keeper. It's not what GT6 or previous versions were, but it has new stuff where old stuff went away. And I suspect there will be lots of additions - especially as it is an internet-based game in a lot of ways.

Don't get me wrong, it aggravates me that the game was altered so radically, but in the end it's still a killer racing game. The graphics are insane. The detail in the cars is like nothing I've ever seen - like by a longshot. It actually runs smoothly too. The AI can be a bit pushy, which is particularly annoying since the game is so preachy about 'manners', but if you have a PS4 & you like racing games it should be in your collection. I'm buying it after this copy is due back.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely check it out.

·
5,225 Posts
Recently changed up from an XB1 and Samsung mid tier 1080p, to XB1X and LG OLED 2160p. Gaming in HDR is pretty neat, although really only usable in a campaign mode or vs AI. Titanfall 2 looks great. So does Wildlands. Also have a Tx racing wheel (only paddle shift). Was hoping FM7 would be getting better reviews than it is, sticking with FM6 for now.

FYI, the XB and TV did not come already set for 4K and HDR. Had to setup both and it was not as easy as I expected.

Still have a gaming PC but don't use it for gaming, just pic and vid editing, but it does very well for those tasks.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Was hoping FM7 would be getting better reviews than it is, sticking with FM6 for now.

FYI, the XB and TV did not come already set for 4K and HDR. Had to setup both and it was not as easy as I expected.
I hear you on FM7, wanted to get that but reviews sounds like it's not much of an improvement over FM6.

Going to have to double check my settings, it sure the Xbox One X is outputting 4k and the TV resolution shows correctly when it powers on. Not sure on HDR though, need to check that for sure.

Also, a Dayton iMM-6 worked perfectly for voice control. The console also works well in powering on/off both my TV and AV receiver.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Oh man, I’ve gamed since I was a kid. Started on an Atari 2600 playing Kaboom! Loved that game. Then on to Nintendo with the Techmo Super Bowl. Then PlayStation with Gran Turismo and Twisted Metal. When the Xbox first came out Halo changed everything. A buddy and I learned to play online and it was nuts! I went thru all the Halo games and then on to Call of Duty with a few other intermixed. Gears of War was good. Xbox 360 and then Xbox One. Destiny was fun but a grind. I loved the weekly raids but they were hard to set up with a group.

I finally stopped this summer and sold everything. I miss it on occasion but I got so sick of updates about weekly where the game would reload and take a 1/2hr or more. Plus people paying for the best weapons from the second the game comes out and not standing a chance. All the extra pressure to buy the in game crap ruined it for me Plus getting older and reflexes aren’t as fast.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's funny I was planning on starting a similar thread like this but also offering up a couple of steam games that I got from a humble bundle that I will not use. I have Grid 2, Dirt Rally, and F1 2015. If you're interested in any of these PM me.

If anyone else has games they don't need post them up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts