DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
5,225 Posts
I hear you on FM7, wanted to get that but reviews sounds like it's not much of an improvement over FM6.

Going to have to double check my settings, it sure the Xbox One X is outputting 4k and the TV resolution shows correctly when it powers on. Not sure on HDR though, need to check that for sure.

Also, a Dayton iMM-6 worked perfectly for voice control. The console also works well in powering on/off both my TV and AV receiver.
On my LG, when starting HDR content, a logo will appear in the top right corner; had to tell it which HMDI input to use for HDR to work at all. On the XB go to Video output then Advanced settings, will tell you there if it's working.

That's a clever idea on the iMM-6. I think I have one somewhere. Although I use my Harmony 650 remote more than the controller when searching in apps.

I worked at Compusa back in the day, we had networked gaming rigs in the breakroom. Lots of Unreal Tournament matches. Was great game for that time.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I mostly play WoW (have been since 2008) but I still enjoy Skyrim, Chrono Trigger, FF7 & FF9, Harvest Moon occasionally. Stardew Valley is real fun if you like the original Harvest Moon.

Also, I'll sometimes play Splatoon 2 with my niece on the switch.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Anybody played Project Cars for PS4? Thinking about making it the next purchase.
Yep. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone interested in a much more realistic racing-based experience than you get with the GT games (more cars on track; whatever race length and/or difficulty you like; much more realistic AI competition; much greater parity of competitors' vehicle performance; vehicle damage; realistic penalties; temperature and weather conditions; extensive suspension tuning/setup; more real-life tracks; and soooooooooo much more...), though I only have direct experience with GT 3 and GT 4.

I'm not sure about off-line use, as it's always had WiFi here. If you like, I could check that out and get back to you.

Also, I've only played Project CARS by myself, so I can't speak for how it is in on-line mode (or whatever that's called).

·
Slowpoke
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I might just have to go back & get in some GT6 time...just discovered that they're killing the servers at the end of March :mean:. Ace Combat Infinity servers are going down then too, but the new Ace Combat is supposed to release tomorrow. I just hope it's a fraction as good as Infinity.

And just found a free demo of Project Cars 2...downloading now...

Dishonored 2 also came highly-recommended by a couple friends...also a free demo there.

·
Registered
767 Posts
One day.. I will Finish Golgo 13 (NES) and Final Fantasy III (SNES) and Grand Turismo 2 (PS-1)- but emulated with Pete's GL Plugin)

I'm still thinking about getting the 3 O.G. Xbox's ModChiped and going. Stil have a SNES with lots of games. Great for the kids.

Best Memory playing Games?
A large hardware store closed down, and the wall was PERFECT for a 2500 Lumen Projector and a PS1 playing GT-2 at night. Those were the days man.

I hate to say this, but after the PS-2? I never really got back into games. It just was not fun anymore. Going to the Arcade with the kids is cool. But its been a while.

I'd rather do the real thing at the Go Kart track these days.

However, my youngest son? When I do see him, I have a XEON built gaming system, with 80 Inch Monitor that pushes 4k, with a 1070 Founders edition card. I figure it has another year of use before its time to go AMD and another Flagship GPU that can do 4k with ease.

I love complexity, but the games my son plays? Damn! I can't even Understand whats going on most of the time.

Most expensive game Purchase? Train Simulator. At the time, for a 5 year old!. . OMG. $80 dollars for a TRAIN! @#[email protected]## Well. Glad he had something to do...

I don't think I'm going to get into these new games unless there is another racing game that just captures the same feel of GT-2, with the atmosphere of the race seen in 2000.

Played some stuff on the Xbox360, but its just a media extender for the most part.

Second favorite game of all time? 3D world Runner. I know..

·
Registered
729 Posts
If you're interested the modern racing sims out for PC make gt2 look and feel like a chinsy plastic toy. They are good enough that race car drivers are being pulled from the top performers.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
PCMR

I mostly rpgs, action rpgs, MMOs, and 4X games.
Steam: Naz5580
Discord: Naz#5580

I have a PS4 but only use it to rarely play Project Diva. What? Don't judge me!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts