DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know what the drivers Gary Biggs used in his iasca winning bmw for the 2010 2011 iasca world finals.. I know he used an ms-8 with a jbl sub and jbl amp but not sure on underseat 8s, the 4s or the tweets..

·
Registered
9,165 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Wrong vehicle. That's about the Buick not the BMW.

The BMW was just a test platform for the JBL Ms8.
I'm guessing it was using JBL speakers. The Buick used a combination of many speakers including several scan speak/rebadged for whatever manufacturer team was needed.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now i never got a chance to listen to this car but if it won at Iasca for sq then the oem harmon kardon 4s and tweets cant be that bad sounding.. The reason i ask is iam on a bmw forum and the comments in the music section are almost always very negative against the h.k. system. I think they sound really good, maybe not a.f. good but still very good..Are my ears that bad now that iam in my mid 50s???? I just set up my 8th ms-8 in my car and iam running all drivers off it, no subs, and they sound just fine not terribly loud with only 20 watts but still very nice..

·
Registered
719 Posts
now i never got a chance to listen to this car but if it won at Iasca for sq then the oem harmon kardon 4s and tweets cant be that bad sounding.. The reason i ask is iam on a bmw forum and the comments in the music section are almost always very negative against the h.k. system. I think they sound really good, maybe not a.f. good but still very good..Are my ears that bad now that iam in my mid 50s???? I just set up my 8th ms-8 in my car and iam running all drivers off it, no subs, and they sound just fine not terribly loud with only 20 watts but still very nice..
The Harman drivers that are in those cars are really nice. They're much better performers than MANY aftermarket speakers. The fact that people on the vehicle specific forums complain about the sound doesn't really have anything to do with the quality of the speakers. maybe they don't like how it's tuned. Maybe it isn't enough bass. Maybe they don't like the way Logic 7 sounds--lots of listeners don't. Some don't like a center image. Some don't like that the center image is in front of them instead of in the center. Some don't understand why when surround is on the back speakers play quietly and they want them to be on all the time. Some don't like it when the sound seems to come from the front and not the back.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The BMW forums are the Mos Eisley cantina of the internet. I'm considering a 2-series for my next car and the generally accepted 'wisdom' that gets parroted across the subforums on 2addicts is almost enough to make me not want to be associated with the vehicle.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok just finished finalizing the tune on my f23, and it sounds pretty damn good, my last iasca pro car got second at worlds in 2012 and that took me 4 months of tuning and reworks and more tuning and this thing did it in 10 min with all oem speakers and no sub... Impressive... cant wait for my first iasca event this yr..... My wife has the x1 with the harmon kardon system in it, She wants me to due up her truck so i let her listen to mine after the tune and on limp biscuit take a look around, she wants a ms-8 now.. So can i run a ms-8 in her truck without a mobridge??

·
Registered
885 Posts
The BMW forums are the Mos Eisley cantina of the internet. I'm considering a 2-series for my next car and the generally accepted 'wisdom' that gets parroted across the subforums on 2addicts is almost enough to make me not want to be associated with the vehicle.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hummm now i have turn off pop about a min after i shut the car off and open and close the drivers door... There are no amps in the system just the ms-8, i know i have to shut that ms-8 off befor the car shuts down ie, a toggle switch on the remote wire going into the ms-8, would anyone have any other options??

·
Registered
823 Posts
hummm now i have turn off pop about a min after i shut the car off and open and close the drivers door... There are no amps in the system just the ms-8, i know i have to shut that ms-8 off befor the car shuts down ie, a toggle switch on the remote wire going into the ms-8, would anyone have any other options??
Are you are using an aftermarket deck & not doing the MS8 setup on the input signal?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
using the oem bmw deck, ran the input calibration, got ok ok ok, and started the setup

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
There are a lot of d-bags that are German car fanboys. I once called an Audi A4 a Jetta to the owners face, on purpose (because he seemed d-bag-ish), his head almost exploded.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts