DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Got to show some respect! Biggs and many others paved the way for you to enjoy SQ. Dif is these guys focused on 2 seat when it was very hard, and not 1 seat when it was easy! Don’t let the squeaky clean give you a big head! You should focus on more than just what you have; set a goal for what you don’t, that is what is all about!

No pun intended

·
Registered
227 Posts
Many of the products Momentum are marketing are Harman International products:
JBL, Revel, Lexicon and Mark Levinson

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Got to show some respect! Biggs and many others paved the way for you to enjoy SQ. Dif is these guys focused on 2 seat when it was very hard, and not 1 seat when it was easy! Don’t let the squeaky clean give you a big head! You should focus on more than just what you have; set a goal for what you don’t, that is what is all about!

No pun intended
Where did that come from? I was turning my nose up at RF unless they have some stuff worth owning out now. And I'm just fine with what I have. Just not that serious into car audio.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Sorry guess I took it the wrong way. By the way RF has pulled the flea market stuff and started focusing on solid products again. They have a new product the 3sixty.3 should be out within the year and should be nice. They also have some nice components out.

Like I said no pun intended.

Sorry if I sounded like an ass dude.

Apologies to you

AH

Where did that come from? I was turning my nose up at RF unless they have some stuff worth owning out now. And I'm just fine with what I have. Just not that serious into car audio.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
No problem Abram. I hope they really are returning to their former glory. I know Biggs wouldn't have signed with them if that wasn't the case.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
No problem Abram. I hope they really are returning to their former glory. I know Biggs wouldn't have signed with them if that wasn't the case.
What makes you think that? Did you ever see that hack-ass Subaru he built? I don't know they guy, so I'm not going to put him on a pedestal based on reputation alone. Maybe they still make crap, but pay him really well.

Not saying that any of this is the truth, but it *is* a possibility.

Jay

·
4,981 Posts
I have so much respect for Gary, he, among others, are reasons why i got into this business. i certainly wouldnt call the subaru hack-ass...if thats hackass, then i dont even know what to call the real hack stuff i see on a daily basis. I would just say its a minor project that he had to get out of the way due to work related obligations, like if my work made me build a pre-fab-like box for some random car...

From talking to a friend who recently made the move to RF as well, i have some good hopes that they are making a run to return to their former glory...i will chat with him some more this year at CES.

when i first got into car audio, RF really was a great brand...so if they can recover that magic, i would have no problem representing them.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
The install in my truck is considered "hack-ass" by my standards but it's safe, somewhat hidden/camoflauged, functional, subs can be easily moved/removed for back seat passengers (rear floorboard is the only place to put a good sub install and have it sound right. No I'm not doing another center console build) and the whole truck can be returned to stock in about an hour if I trade on a whim like I did the past two times. Thinking about having to remove the system helps me to stand my ground and be more willing to walk if things don't go my way at the stealership.

In other words, a hack-ass install could just be an install that's simple and utilitarian if that's what the customer wants. Not everyone wants to have several thousand in vinyl, lights, fiberglass, plexi, etc. I sure as hell don't.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
Have you ever seen the reagal? A hack ass subaru build that he had to film when he was prob ready to go home is not a big deal. Most shops rush on cheap builds and that is what the subaru build would have been.

What makes you think that? Did you ever see that hack-ass Subaru he built? I don't know they guy, so I'm not going to put him on a pedestal based on reputation alone. Maybe they still make crap, but pay him really well.

Jay

·
Registered
54 Posts
i had the pleasure of judging garry biggs regal twice in international sound quality competitions , and was very lucky indeed to be shown some of the installation and how it was done , it has been an inspiration for me ever since

even now it is still the best vehicle i have ever heard period , and i dont say that lightly
after also having heard cars at the emma european finals and iasca european finals
i have a lot of respect and time for gary and can ony imagine a decision to move to rockford wasnt taken easilly or lightly

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

Jay
LOL, Gary Biggs is anything but a Hack!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Gary biggs is for for from hack have seen his regal when him and mark eldridge where with kicker and both some finest audio installs i have ever seen bar none.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts