DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering ditching my frog 3 ways for the focal k series 3 ways.

Being that all I listen to is dance and a little rock and pop I feel like the loudness factor of the focals would better suit my needs.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Comparing the midranges, the Focal has better sensitivity but has less power handling and much less excursion. So I’d say the Audiofrogs.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I'm considering ditching my frog 3 ways for the focal k series 3 ways.

Being that all I listen to is dance and a little rock and pop I feel like the loudness factor of the focals would better suit my needs.

Thoughts?
Honestly, after reading the countless threads you have, you should go PRO audio and/or Horns. You are saying you want SQ, but at what most would consider ear-piercing levels. You can't get this from standard speakers.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Honestly, after reading the countless threads you have, you should go PRO audio and/or Horns. You are saying you want SQ, but at what most would consider ear-piercing levels. You can't get this from standard speakers.
Very true. Unfortunately, pro audio also means large speakers and usually large enclosures. And unfortunately, Drop1 probably has the wrong vehicle for his desires as he needs more room for speakers and subs. :) The midranges on my home theater speakers are a pair of 12s that play down to 80 Hz because the horn-loaded compression driver is over 100dB sensitive and needs the pair of 12s just to keep up. Then again, to your point, I tell people most speakers get unhappy when you turn them up too much but with my speakers you’ll be unhappy before they are since they are so loud, yet still detailed and articulate.

I vote Drop1 goes to an Excursion or Suburban XL. Lol! So much nicer to try to spend someone else’s money. Glad I could help Drop.

·
Registered
17,645 Posts
What's a loudness factor? Why not look at sensitivity vs mechanical/thermal power handling to get an idea of output potential

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts