DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wrapping up my component install in my 97 Astro and would like some recommendations on tweeter placement. Generally it is recommended to place the tweeter next to the midrange but you sit up pretty high in these vehicles. Here is a pic of the inside of an Astro door.

I was going to mount it just above and to the right of the 6.5 position, but I'm also looking at mounting it in the mirror pillar in the upper right of the picture. I know it comes down to what sounds best to me, but I could use a nice starting point.

Edit: Another qustion I have involves Bi Amping. Would there be a benefit to going this route. The Alpine 17Ref's run 75 watt's RMS. I am powering them with a Kenwood X40 that put's out 150 watts per channel bridged. I was going to run in this mode and throttle the amp back for incresed headroom. Would I be benefitting any by bi amping my mid's and tweet's at 75 wpc x 4 instead?
Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
I always mock my tweeters up temporarily to see how they sound before I commit. I've seen successful installs with both placements you mention- although a-pillar is much more popular I think for high mounting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts