DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just doing a bit of thinking .. for those of you who have heard dynaudio splits, besides the bass response, how do they compare with popular seas/lpg/dayton combinations and .. i was thinking how a dynaudio 240 gt system would sound with an xls sub ? compared to an active system ?

and how does the jl 12w6v2 compare with xls/peerless subs ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh i heard them at two different stores, i thought they were boring !!! i couldnt believe it, they sounded a lot better playing real instruments and vocals though. im asking because i want an early model miata and i dont think they'd fit ca18s !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,241 Posts
mk1982 said:
yeh i heard them at two different stores, i thought they were boring !!! i couldnt believe it, they sounded a lot better playing real instruments and vocals though. im asking because i want an early model miata and i dont think they'd fit ca18s !
ha yea... it's all about preference. dont see why you would consider a set you like.

how deep can they be? phaze 6.5's are only 2.5"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont mind building mdf spacers but i want the speakers to sit behind factory grills, not sure how deep miata doors are before the speaker hits the glass
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i reakon i could get used to the dyns, about subs by the way, there is a second hand jl 12w6v2 going for 350 and an xls 12 is 350, im assuming the jl would be better, but i dont know anymore, heard a lot of good things about the xls
 

·
DIYMA Founder
Joined
·
4,757 Posts
The tweeter is really the weak part of that set Imo, if you discount the somewhat weak mid/bass from the mids. It lacks the air of the Lpg's and it's fairly spitty in nature Imo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
989 Posts
mk1982 said:
i reakon i could get used to the dyns, about subs by the way, there is a second hand jl 12w6v2 going for 350 and an xls 12 is 350, im assuming the jl would be better, but i dont know anymore, heard a lot of good things about the xls

The XLS, and the XXLS don't cost that much. Are you talking about Canadian Currency?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its actually australian currency,

npdang, if u think the tweeter sucks, can the lpg be swapped for the md100s with the default crossover ? i think 500 aud (dynaudios 2nd hand) = 360 USD, for that money i think i'd go for an lpg and a shallow mid, what's better than the mw160 but just as shallow ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,410 Posts
I am running the Dyn 240s now, and will hopefully be swapping to the CA18/LPG combo. I will reply with my thoughts...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
It all depends on how you install and tune the speakers. Equipment matching is critical as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
AzGrower said:
I am running the Dyn 240s now, and will hopefully be swapping to the CA18/LPG combo. I will reply with my thoughts...
looking forward to that.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top