DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Looks like a Peerless XLS with the t/s parameters changed to lower fs and higher vas. Basket, cone, surround, voice coil dimensions all look identical to me.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Keep in mind raw drivers don't carry warranties, or tech support, or any kind of service.. hence the markup.

It's funny because I spoke to a guy who told me he had a custom speaker that he bought from this shop that turned out to be a Scan-Speak revelator. He paid well over $2k for the pair!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
npdang said:
Keep in mind raw drivers don't carry warranties, or tech support, or any kind of service.. hence the markup.

It's funny because I spoke to a guy who told me he had a custom speaker that he bought from this shop that turned out to be a Scan-Speak revelator. He paid well over $2k for the pair!
OOOOOHHHH I know that guy!
I tuned his saturn...
I know the rip off shop!!!! Speakerworks, bunch of magots.. :D :D

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
dual700 said:
I know the rip off shop!!!! Speakerworks, bunch of magots.. :D :D
$2k for a pair of Revelators? Wow! I thought those guys were bad when they were peddling NHT 1259's as the "USD 12proB" for $340 each, when the price for the same woofer from Just Speakers (aka A&S Speakers) was under $150 and (IIRC) $115 for Basslist subscribers.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You know what's funny?
I personally inspected the brown box that holds the speakers...
It has Scan Speak logos scratched out with Sharpie and underneat it, they wrote:
"Speakerworks USD 7" Midbass model yadi yada" :D
No shame I tell ya!

·
Registered
415 Posts
dual700 said:
You know what's funny?
It has Scan Speak logos scratched out with Sharpie and underneat it, they wrote:
No shame I tell ya!
that would be soo funny if it wasnt soo sad....

:cry:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
10K2HVN said:
dual700 said:
You know what's funny?
No shame I tell ya!
that would be soo funny if it wasnt soo sad....

:cry:
I know :cry:
But the guy who bought it shoulda knew better.
He literally trashed that saturn with $3000 install. Car was beautifully done, he came back 2 weeks later, fries, ketchup, trash all over.. he blew his id mids 2X. he is 40+ and listens to rap. He was aware that those were scans but somehow maggots at Speakerworks managed to persuade him that they were "special made" scans.
He bought 2 pairs. :( :( :(

Oh yeah, he's got Tru amps, h1 powers 2 idmax. he managed to damaged the max's vc into pieces...

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Hmm... I got some "special edition" Seas G18's for $500 each if you want Eng... special cone coating :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
npdang said:
Hmm... I got some "special edition" Seas G18's for $500 each if you want Eng... special cone coating :)
Do you only accept cash or you accept other type of payments? :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts