DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
I srsly question their linearity at full excursion. i would not expect good highs out of them while playing low, however they may make a cool driver to play with in a hone situation crossing into say the 200Hz range into a sub that can play that high easily like a Dayton Reference or many others.

and the efficiency sucks.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
The whole thing appears to be warped along the far edge.. lol... Maybe VBA got it.. lol

·
Registered
726 Posts
god damn monster. seriously oogly. :D
interesting thing. too expensive for my blood.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
ya it does but i think its just an optical illusion with all the curves and all.

·
Registered
726 Posts
wtf is this, i never post, but when I do it had to double **** me huh.
sorry doublepost.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
**** at that price they better be awesome. That is Scan, Seas, HAT L4 ect. territory which are proven drivers. Hell you can get one of the crowd fav. peerless for a lot less then that.

To damn expensive to even buy one to check out.

·
Registered
513 Posts
12mm of xmax! For a 3" driver that's insane. That's more than many subs.

Something doesn't seem right to me though. It has an Fs of 70Hz and only 20 watts RMS power handling. If you cross it significantly higher than 70, or even at 70, how would you even come anywhere close to the max excursion? That just doesn't make any sense to me. If I am misunderstanding how these factors work together please correct me.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
**** at that price they better be awesome. That is Scan, Seas, HAT L4 ect. territory which are proven drivers. Hell you can get one of the crowd fav. peerless for a lot less then that.

To damn expensive to even buy one to check out.
They are actually pretty cheap when you realize they are used here::laugh:

ClairAudient LSA 16 (line source array) loudspeaker - This is a music lovers dream, no crossovers! The 50mm drivers have a flat frequency response from 22Khz down to 70hz. At 1.5grams total moving mass per driver they are exceedingly fast and resolving much like an electrostatic. At the same time, the drivers are dynamic therefore providing the best of both worlds, resolution and dynamic range. Properly set up as you see in the picture the ClairAudient provides a soundstage at all horizontal listening positions; i.e. you do not have to sit in the center. $47,500/pair. 4 ohms, 97.3 db efficient, 129.3db max RMS continuous audio output power per pair, 400w max continuous power per loudspeaker, and 520watts maximum peak power per loudspeaker. ClairAudient LSA loudspeakers are also available in driver configurations of 4, 8, 12, 24 and 32.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I'll believe them when I hear them. I've never heard a driver that wasn't muddy when trying to play full range. Unless this has some freakishly amazing new technology that isn't evident, you can't play a booming kickdrum and vocals cleanly. I find it's easier to play low and high concurrently. Some drivers can handle that. It's the low and mid frequencies that conflict the most.

And that surround is definitely warped or out of alignment.

·
Registered
675 Posts
imjustjason has a pair of cabinets similar to those clair's. A whole array of 3"s and tweets. You start looking for the subwoofer, its pretty damn impressive, and they are definitely NOT muddy. They sound great. I think they use aura drivers, but he'd have to chime it to clarify since he built em.

·
Registered
675 Posts
GOOD LORD those things are expensive!!!!! scareeeewww that

·
Super Moderator
2,487 Posts
imjustjason has a pair of cabinets similar to those clair's. A whole array of 3"s and tweets. You start looking for the subwoofer, its pretty damn impressive, and they are definitely NOT muddy. They sound great. I think they use aura drivers, but he'd have to chime it to clarify since he built em.
Mine have 9 - 5.25 inchers and 27 - 1" tweeters in each cabinet. All Audax.

·
Registered
675 Posts
man those are some small 5.25s.....

Me=Fail

Carry on.. :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts