DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Certainly - the floating units allow a larger screen in situations where they were not previously available. That is what really excites me. Even though I do not really "need" it - the large screen is very, very tempting :)
right. also the features are really nice on top of the big screen was gonna put one in my 11 azera till i did a cut out of the size and was like nope to big. my heart sank so i went with the kenwoodddx9707s it will do what i need plus i like the four cam option so now! i am trying to find some cams? so i can do front to back and side to side so incase the old lady drives the car i dont have to worry about her messing it up lol

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
@x550ciLX After putting in the all pass filter in @250hz and q2 I noticed that it shifted my image from mostly center and high to the drivers side and lower. Any thoughts?
You have made several phase relationships worse and also altered the delays in drivers as an all pass does add some delay, how much depends on the centre freq and order

·
Registered
199 Posts
Not sure what the markup is to be honest. I think some volume dealers can offer better pricing. Yea def check with the dealer, he may be happy to unload some product at a discount you never know.

I'm looking forward to how things turn out. Will be a sick setup. You are only doing the front two way? stock rear doors? not sure if you mentioned a sub

I am running a Jl 12" tw3d4 @ 300w, honestly not enough but this was to be a basic build. Every system I have built to this date were running a single 12 at 1100 to 1400 watts.
Front stage has always been good enough for me but a set of gs mids in the rear would reinforce the ambience.
As far as 2-3 way, i'd love to go three way but fabbing a pillers is something i'm not ready to get into.
My opinion: you can easily go 3 way in the Camry especially with a new head unit now. You can put the GB mids in the dash stock locations. Tweeters would have to go on the pillars but it’s minimal cutting. And you have tons of options for mid bass in the doors as you can even put an 8 inch in there. You can also forgo the rear door speakers and leave them stock if you take this route. Just a thought I did 3way in my Camry back In the day. I didn’t even use a DSP as it wasn’t as popular then.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
All along I have thought about going 3-way. Audiocontrol Acm-4.300 on Gb60's at 150w and the Gb25-10 combo running off the vxi 700/5i's 75 wpc.
Before that happens I need to get the new head in (today), get more Dynamat in, the doors, rear deck, trunk lid and wheel wells, all have about 50% coverage.
The rear shelf has a nasty buzz at about 40-50 hz that needs some serious attention.
Guess minimal has got thrown out the window.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Started looking around for some factory Jbl A pillars today. Wondering if the Gb10's would fit or be optimal. Either way it would be a good start for custom pods if I could find a set for cheap. If they worked out unmolested it would be a good way to stay semi stealth.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Started looking around for some factory Jbl A pillars today. Wondering if the Gb10's would fit or be optimal. Either way it would be a good start for custom pods if I could find a set for cheap. If they worked out unmolested it would be a good way to stay semi stealth.
The GB10OE would likely fit in the JBL pillars (honestly the GB10 might fit in your regular pillars by just butting a hole with a holesaw thats not that stealth though... ive thought about that before since my car is non JBL.. but ive got the nice little triangle twetter pods on the doors so i never actually pursued it...

Make sure to upgrade the firmware and program the maestro before putting the dash back together

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Great news, the new head is in and sounding awesome. Had to go back and forth with maestro a couple of times to get the steering wheel controls how I wanted. Crazy how much I had to change vs the factory Hu with the Keyloc to the Pioneer just to get the sound acceptable.
The factory sail's in the Corolla actually surprised me in the wife's car as far as image. I could imagine how well they could sound with some good tweeters and Dsp.
The big question, 3 way or not?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Great news, the new head is in and sounding awesome. Had to go back and forth with maestro a couple of times to get the steering wheel controls how I wanted. Crazy how much I had to change vs the factory Hu with the Keyloc to the Pioneer just to get the sound acceptable.
The factory sail's in the Corolla actually surprised me in the wife's car as far as image. I could imagine how well they could sound with some good tweeters and Dsp.
The big question, 3 way or not?
Congrats man! that's great news. My vote always 3-way if possible. Also if you can share pics if possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Crappy pic of the pioneer. Bass face could you tell me how to connect the phone to usb vs bluetooth? I have turned off the auto connect but the head still connects via BT and the USB icon is not lit. I have plugged in usb drives and the unit recognizes it. The Usb cable drove me crazy during the install. I ordered the idatalink adapter, hooked it up and nothing. Finally hooked up the pioneer cable, the Usb-c to Usb adapter then the idatalink and wamo. Good thing there is a ton of room behind the dash in the Camry, even with cleaning up the harness there is a ton of stuff back there.
Automotive design Mode of transport Personal luxury car Vehicle audio Audio equipment

·
Registered
199 Posts
Start up is a little wonky. I used the pioneer cable and usb adapter. Rant it to my arm rest and plug it in and drop it in the box when I'm driving. I was going to to use the I datalink but opted not to as I didn't care for the stock usb location. Usb should be just plug and play with the Pioneer cable. Did you not want to use the wireless carplay?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Just wanted to see what the difference would be, I had read some people saying that the bluetooth sounded tinny. Wireless carplay sounds good to me, just experimenting.
So far I am really liking the Pioneer, kind of learning curve with a unit with so many features.
almost pulled the trigger on the gb10's and gb60's last night, was having a few cold ones. Figured that would be a mostly drop in affair for now.
Later I can pull new power wire, source a-pillars, new amp and gb25s.
I have read that the gb15's would be a better match for a two way but would the gb10's do for now?

61 - 73 of 73 Posts