DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 F150 SuperCrew cab and will be mounting the amps behind the rear seat. My thoughts on a grounding point is to drill a hole in the back wall of the cab, run the grounding wire out and right down to the frame on the drivers side. I would grind it down to bare medal and self tap to the frame then cover it with some non rust spray can paint. Would I encounter any problems with doing this.

I have done installs before but always used gounding point inside the car and not outside before so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Make sure you check clearence for gas and brake lines before tapping the bolt hole through the frame.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 2006 F150 SuperCrew cab and will be mounting the amps behind the rear seat. My thoughts on a grounding point is to drill a hole in the back wall of the cab, run the grounding wire out and right down to the frame on the drivers side. I would grind it down to bare medal and self tap to the frame then cover it with some non rust spray can paint. Would I encounter any problems with doing this.

I have done installs before but always used gounding point inside the car and not outside before so forgive me if this is a stupid question.
I have an 07 Screw and just took the jack out of the floorboard yesterday. The jack holder was mounted by 2 bolts going into the floor. I sanded that area down and just used that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts