DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Questions on quality?

Hello hope this is the correct place for this but here goes!

I'm rewiring my car audio for a number of reasons.
  • One I have a short somewhere and am going to have to trace it down and fix it.
  • Second one of my rear 6x8's tweeter is blown. It seems to get locked into one frequency then procededs to get WAY higher in volume. And I have done some diagnostics it is the tweeter.
  • lastly in reading the manual for my front componet speakers I found it stated to avoid over lap installing the appropriate capacitor would prevent over lap and I have noticed from time to time the bass doing some strange things sound wise that just killed my ears. Basicly have you ever left a window down on one side of the car and not the other and had it do that air hammer thing? That's what it sounded like
So my questions are:
  • Putting that capacitor in line with the front mid would help the preformance correct?
  • On the rear speakers not having the tweeter and without knowing the high frequency how could I build a passive crossover to help it's preformance if I don't mind losing some of the higher frequencies from the rear?

These are all my "parts":
  • The Subwoovers are 10 inch x 2.
  • The front componet speakers have a response of 61Hz-6kHz for the mid and 2.8kHz to 20kHz. They came with there own passive crossover listed on page nine found here .
  • The rear speakers have a low response frequency of 49Hz and again without the tweeter I don't know what the high would be the model is 6802cf found here .
  • 4 Channel amp currently is found here and it has a Crossover but only from 50-180Hz. With a HP-AP-LP Switch as well.
  • The 4 channel amp I'm wanting to put in is (it has a higher out put than the other one though I may decide to keep it since it has a passover built in)here is the link to the spec's on it.
So suggestions on what or how I might install a passive corss over on the rear? Again I don't mind losing high frequency in the rear if that means the quality will be much better.

Oh and i only have acess to a multi meter really so I don't have any audio test equipment I do have however software that will let me make test tones at specific frequencies to get the equilzer on the stero set right. I've also looked up a lot of stuff on building your own crossover but not exactly sure how to do it terms of a speaker as far as a badpass filter goes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A little help please?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts