DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm going to be building a self-powered-ish sub box for a Jeep Renegade... It has to involve some pink accents and pink LEDs, and the amp will be mounted to the box with quick disconnects for the wiring.

I'll post up available dimensions and pics later. Budget is $300-400 for the amp and sub.

Are there any pink subs out there?

Any thoughts or ideas?

Reactions: Sam Spade

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know brands like Fi and Psi let you pick the color of the dust cap or the sticker on it and they carry pink. Could do a search for subs and dust caps, also I know Fi does have a couple subs that would leave you with around 200 for an amp. (At 400 of a budget)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Like the title says, I'm going to be building a self-powered-ish sub box for a Jeep Renegade... It has to involve some pink accents and pink LEDs, and the amp will be mounted to the box with quick disconnects for the wiring.

I'll post up available dimensions and pics later. Budget is $300-400 for the amp and sub.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Is there anything we should know? Has California finally rubbed off on you?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Why not mount the amp near the spare tire under the floor cover? Then a quick disconnect for the subwoofer. Less connections to be disconnecting when it’s going to be removed.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know brands like Fi and Psi let you pick the color of the dust cap or the sticker on it and they carry pink. Could do a search for subs and dust caps, also I know Fi does have a couple subs that would leave you with around 200 for an amp. (At 400 of a budget)

Thanks! I'll check out PSI... Fi is 45 days out on everything, and I was hoping to get started sooner.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there anything we should know? Has California finally rubbed off on you?
Haha! You're crazy, man! Lol

The only thing it's done to me is make me wanna leave so bad... ;)

Reactions: Chris12

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not mount the amp near the spare tire under the floor cover? Then a quick disconnect for the subwoofer. Less connections to be disconnecting when it’s going to be removed.
The concept in mind was doing a single unit so I can make some fun visual elements... The amp would mount in a cubby inside the box and have a pink LED backlight.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks! I'll check out PSI... Fi is 45 days out on everything, and I was hoping to get started sooner.
I forgot Fi's shipping was that far out lol, oops

GL though, color and well coordinated installs look good regardless. If it's possible pics would be awesome of the end result.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Not sure how much output you’re looking for, but I’ve got an old (like new) Kenwood Excelon 10” with a purple cone, if that helps. It’s in my for sale thread. It’s cheap, and would leave you more $ for the amp.

Reactions: DavidRam

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure how much output you’re looking for, but I’ve got an old (like new) Kenwood Excelon 10” with a purple cone, if that helps. It’s in my for sale thread. It’s cheap, and would leave you more $ for the amp.
Thanks!

Her color is definitely pink, and I need 400 rms, and probably a 12" or a stout 10".

Reactions: mikey7182

·
Registered
1,988 Posts

Any thoughts or ideas?
Like others have mentioned, PSI is really the only one that popped in my head. You can paint other subs though.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Did nobody see the pink 500w 12” Soundstream for $70 in SoCal that I posted? 🤷🏻‍♂️😁

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Ground Zero made some Pink editions of their subs.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts

Any thoughts or ideas?
Is this to match your favourite outfits and lipstick collection Dave :)

I bet you could paint the cone and box with glitter glue too, and attach pink streamers that fly into the air when you're pink pumping LOL

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Next thing you know Dave will have bright purple blue hair in a mohawk shape, a nose ring, heart shaped tattoos, wear overly tight fitting pants, and have a bumper sticker that says Horatio horn tooter. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Sam Spade

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Next thing you know Dave will have bright purple blue hair in a mohawk shape, a nose ring, heart shaped tattoos, wear overly tight fitting pants, and have a bumper sticker that says Horatio horn tooter. :ROFLMAO:
And his own float in Sydney's Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras :) With some good hardware shopping options on Oxford St.

·
Registered
2004 Rav4 JL900/5 Rss265-44HO Rockford DSR-1 Fountek FR88 RS180-4
265 Posts
Check out some marine subwoofers. Clarion has models that you can program pink, Fosgate as well, crutchfield. If you’re already wiring up led, this should be a simple addition.
Don’t let the guys break your balls man, every single one of us wishes our ol lady didn’t think “speaker stuff “ was stupid.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Check out some marine subwoofers. Clarion has models that you can program pink, Fosgate as well, crutchfield. If you’re already wiring up led, this should be a simple addition.
Don’t let the guys break your balls man, every single one of us wishes our ol lady didn’t think “speaker stuff “ was stupid.
We're not breaking his balls Tabby, we're encouraging Dave's emergence from the closet :)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts