Registered
351 Posts
Those pink soundstream rubicons from Australia were neat

Reactions: DavidRam

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ok, so I have it narrowed down a little bit on the sub... Definitely going with a 10", and I'll have about 1.25 cuft to work with. Something in the 700 watt range.
Actually, this Mmats one seems to fit the bill almost perfectly:

Reactions: SNCTMPL

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Reactions: Sam Spade

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Ok, so I have it narrowed down a little bit on the sub... Definitely going with a 10", and I'll have about 1.25 cuft to work with. Something in the 700 watt range.
Actually, this Mmats one seems to fit the bill almost perfectly:

That looks like an interesting sub Dave. You always pick interesting stuff. I may have to model that one for myself.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
That looks like an interesting sub Dave. You always pick interesting stuff. I may have to model that one for myself.
Thanks. I am waiting for a reply from PSI Audio as they have a contender... The Mmats is my top choice so far. Sundown's SA-10 would work, too.

Reactions: Sam Spade

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Thanks. I am waiting for a reply from PSI Audio as they have a contender... The Mmats is my top choice so far. Sundown's SA-10 would work, too.
The Sundown SA sounds bad sealed due to too much distortion and I know becasue I owned a SA12 for reference but ok ported, and it gets very loud ported. The Sundown SD3-10 (previous version) sounds very good both sealed and ported and I own one of those too. The Alpine SWS 10 also sounds really good in a 1.1 cu ft ported box tuned to 31 Hz and I own one of these too. The Alpine SWS 12 (now Type S but same sub) sounds good in a small sealed box (own that too). The Mmats however looks good on paper and is unique. I’m going to model it for myself and post it on car audio junkies.

Reactions: DavidRam

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I love that you're so brave coming out with this thread dave. Did you consider my glitter glue/ paint and streamers?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
My wife thinks it’s stupid too but when we got the Sienna I left the stock system in it and she made it just two weeks with that crappy system before she asked me to fix it up with good sound. I’ll be taking that vehicle to the next level with an all AF three way front stage. I would have done it sooner but I took some big financial hits recently so I need to recover a little first.

I always thought these were unique and look good and made in the USA too.

With a little more power required for this one but it has an inductance reducing shorting ring.

·
Registered
2004 Rav4 JL900/5 Rss265-44HO Rockford DSR-1 Fountek FR88 RS180-4
265 Posts
My wife thinks it’s stupid too but when we got the Sienna I left the stock system in it and she made it just two weeks with that crappy system before she asked me to fix it up with good sound. I’ll be taking that vehicle to the next level with an all AF three way front stage. I would have done it sooner but I took some big financial hits recently so I need to recover a little first.

I always thought these were unique and look good and made in the USA too.

With a little more power required for this one but it has an inductance reducing shorting ring.

Yeah, but by good sound, did she mean frog three way, or like JL c2 series coaxials 🤔

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Yeah, but by good sound, did she mean frog three way, or like JL c2 series coaxials 🤔
AF stands for AudioFrog for the three way. It currently is a 2-way.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I thought that was apparent in my reply 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
265 Posts
I mean like did she want a really nice 3 way or just some everyday good speakers

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have offered to seek another hobby, like a super bike, “speaker stuff” isn’t so stupid all of a sudden 😉

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

·
Registered
265 Posts
41 - 60 of 74 Posts