DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Rav4 JL900/5 HertzHDP-5 Rockford DSR-1 LPG26NA GS25 RS180-4 Um12
693 Posts
I didn’t buy it for output 🤔 it’s plenty for music, of course that’s subjective. The lower distortion is the culprit regarding perceived spl. It’s nowhere near my old red eye 10w6 in the ho box. So, the output is low on the spectrum relatively.

·
Registered
2004 Rav4 JL900/5 HertzHDP-5 Rockford DSR-1 LPG26NA GS25 RS180-4 Um12
693 Posts
My 13w1 in the old powerwedge box stomps it into the dirt. I highly prefer the Dayton.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
My 13w1 in the old powerwedge box stomps it into the dirt. I highly prefer the Dayton.
I'm really leaning towards the Dayton... I just finished a build using a Dayton LS12 and I was really surprised at how good it sounded and how decent output was for a shallow sub.

Now that I mentioned putting her name in pink lettering on the dust cap, I don't think I can get away with not doing it! So a blank dust cap has suddenly become almost a requirement.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Alright, the decision has been made to get the Dayton RSS265HO-44 10", and I'll be building the box, sealed, at 0.97 ft^3.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I'll be using this type of stencil to spray her name on the dust cap:

And this paint!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Here we go... All the pieces cut to perfection:

Mock up

Reactions: Isaradia

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I told you guys it would be girly!!! Lol

If these images violate diyma's terms of agreement, let me know and I'll take them down.

Even the bracing is girly

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I told you guys it would be girly!!! Lol

If these images violate diyma's terms of agreement, let me know and I'll take them down.

Even the bracing is girly

Good lord, man! At least move to a NON community property state before you get married again!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Good lord, man! At least move to a NON community property state before you get married again!
Hahahahaha! Great comment! Which brings me to the realization that maybe, just maybe, I share too much of my personal life online! Lol

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
A little progress:

Reactions: Chris12

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Here are the pieces that will mount the panels to the box and also hold the LED lights:

Imbedding the wire into the box:

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6
644 Posts
Very nice!

May I ask where you buy your Baltic Birch? The only place that I've found it is Macbeth Hardwood which is a bit pricey.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Very nice!

May I ask where you buy your Baltic Birch? The only place that I've found it is Macbeth Hardwood which is a bit pricey.
Thanks! I get it from a local company called Ganahl Lumber. The 4x8 3/4" was about $53, and the 5x5 1/2" was about $32, iirc.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6
644 Posts
Thanks! I get it from a local company called Ganahl Lumber. The 4x8 3/4" was about $53, and the 5x5 1/2" was about $32, iirc.
Okay - That’s almost exactly what I pay.

Expensive stuff but well worth it I guess.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
LEDs are in, they look purple, but they are definitely pink:

Here you can see how the grills will sit and the initial's stencil is kinda visible... She chose the font.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts