DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Girly subwoofer for a Jeep Renegade on a budget (what has my life come to...)

11K views 114 replies 17 participants last post by  DavidRam 
#1 ·
Like the title says, I'm going to be building a self-powered-ish sub box for a Jeep Renegade... It has to involve some pink accents and pink LEDs, and the amp will be mounted to the box with quick disconnects for the wiring.

I'll post up available dimensions and pics later. Budget is $300-400 for the amp and sub.

Are there any pink subs out there?

Any thoughts or ideas?

#2 ·
I know brands like Fi and Psi let you pick the color of the dust cap or the sticker on it and they carry pink. Could do a search for subs and dust caps, also I know Fi does have a couple subs that would leave you with around 200 for an amp. (At 400 of a budget)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Is there anything we should know? Has California finally rubbed off on you?

#9 ·
Not sure how much output you’re looking for, but I’ve got an old (like new) Kenwood Excelon 10” with a purple cone, if that helps. It’s in my for sale thread. It’s cheap, and would leave you more $ for the amp.

Reactions: DavidRam
#13 ·
Like others have mentioned, PSI is really the only one that popped in my head. You can paint other subs though.

#31 ·
#28 · (Edited)
Yep, I found that on ebay... It's over budget, but it does look the look, imo. I will talk to her today and see about upping the budget. I can't find one on this continent, they are all shipping from Europe. :(

#16 ·
Like the title says, I'm going to be building a self-powered-ish sub box for a Jeep Renegade... It has to involve some pink accents and pink LEDs, and the amp will be mounted to the box with quick disconnects for the wiring.

I'll post up available dimensions and pics later. Budget is $300-400 for the amp and sub.

Are there any pink subs out there?

Any thoughts or ideas?
Is this to match your favourite outfits and lipstick collection Dave :)

I bet you could paint the cone and box with glitter glue too, and attach pink streamers that fly into the air when you're pink pumping LOL

#17 ·
Next thing you know Dave will have bright purple blue hair in a mohawk shape, a nose ring, heart shaped tattoos, wear overly tight fitting pants, and have a bumper sticker that says Horatio horn tooter. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Sam Spade
#19 ·
Check out some marine subwoofers. Clarion has models that you can program pink, Fosgate as well, crutchfield. If you’re already wiring up led, this should be a simple addition.
Don’t let the guys break your balls man, every single one of us wishes our ol lady didn’t think “speaker stuff “ was stupid.

#20 ·
Check out some marine subwoofers. Clarion has models that you can program pink, Fosgate as well, crutchfield. If you’re already wiring up led, this should be a simple addition.
Don’t let the guys break your balls man, every single one of us wishes our ol lady didn’t think “speaker stuff “ was stupid.
We're not breaking his balls Tabby, we're encouraging Dave's emergence from the closet :)

#24 ·
Disclaimed for newcomers: We all know Dave well and we are just kidding around and I think he knows that.

#33 ·
The outer surface will be black carpet. The center panel will be added as a beauty panel also in carpet. The gap between the beauty panel and the sides/top will be satin white. Between the beauty panel and the box will be pink LEDs, and the back glow will be what you see below in green.
It will have the same pink rods to protect the sub as the GZ one above...

#35 ·
Ok, so let's say we increased the budget to $500 for sub and amp, and we need something in the 700-1,000 watt range, in a 10" or 12" sub.

Bottom line is, she isn't looking to necessarily go super cheap and she wants enough output to where she won't be wanting more some day... She's a little bit of a bass-head-in-the-making!

#36 ·
Ok, so let's say we increased the budget to $500 for sub and amp, and we need something in the 700-1,000 watt range, in a 10" or 12" sub.

Bottom line is, she isn't looking to necessarily go super cheap and *she wants enough output to where she won't be wanting more some day... *She's a little bit of a bass-head-in-the-making!
Hah! That's how it starts.

#45 ·
Ok, so I have it narrowed down a little bit on the sub... Definitely going with a 10", and I'll have about 1.25 cuft to work with. Something in the 700 watt range.
Actually, this Mmats one seems to fit the bill almost perfectly:

#47 ·
Ok, so I have it narrowed down a little bit on the sub... Definitely going with a 10", and I'll have about 1.25 cuft to work with. Something in the 700 watt range.
Actually, this Mmats one seems to fit the bill almost perfectly:

That looks like an interesting sub Dave. You always pick interesting stuff. I may have to model that one for myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.