DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sound Deadener Showdown is no longer in business. I didn't order enough of this and need more to finish my car.

What's the new go to?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Resonix

·
Registered
18,279 Posts
if you want to save money, Knu Kolossus is good, but beware if you are in a climate with high temps. That said, if you want the best of the best, I'll just go ahead and plug ResoNix Squares and FD1 and FD2. ResoNix is my product that I started after SDS closed. I set out to create a product that is equal to if not better than SDS Tiles. My own objective and subjective testing shows that I've achieved that goal and then some. 2Stubborn2Fail is about to do another, and much more improved round of CLD testing soon that will give you an idea of the performance

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'll go with the resonix.

I'm not doing a ton of the sound dampening.

Just a single piece behind the speaker on the outter door, and about that much on the inner. Think it's somewhat effective at least?

·
Registered
18,279 Posts
Yeah I'll go with the resonix.

I'm not doing a ton of the sound dampening.

Just a single piece behind the speaker on the outter door, and about that much on the inner. Think it's somewhat effective at least?

View attachment 264497
If that's all you're going to do, I probably wouldn't even bother. Its not really going to do much if anything at all. The inner skin is much stronger than the outer skin and usually doesn't need much CLD to have an acceptable level of resonance, or lack there-of. The outer skin and door panels themselves are what you really want to focus on

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If that's all you're going to do, I probably wouldn't even bother. Its not really going to do much if anything at all. The inner skin is much stronger than the outer skin and usually doesn't need much CLD to have an acceptable level of resonance, or lack there-of. The outer skin and door panels themselves are what you really want to focus on
Ahh I see what makes sense.

If you look at the 16+ Civic Hatchbacks, you only have that speaker opening so you can't really get behind there to do a good job.

Maybe taking off that plastic reveals more, but I didn't want to deal with the butyl and attempting to get the plastic to stick back on it after and whatnot.

·
Registered
18,279 Posts
Ahh I see what makes sense.

If you look at the 16+ Civic Hatchbacks, you only have that speaker opening so you can't really get behind there to do a good job.

Maybe taking off that plastic reveals more, but I didn't want to deal with the butyl and attempting to get the plastic to stick back on it after and whatnot.
I have a 2012 civic, and we have a few hondas on the site too so you can see what we did if you want

·
Registered
18,279 Posts
My motto, do it right the first time or don't do it at all. Take that from another honda civic owner. Im literally getting rid of the car once the economy bounces back mostly because the doors are so shitty and how bad they get after you try to fix bit by bit time after time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Rip the plastic off the access opening. Sound deaden the inner door skin. Make a new cover from abs plastic and attach with rivet nuts. I used ccf on the door frame.

I like damplifier pro. Its an amazing product.

The midbass in my truck is awesome, and its QUIET.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,279 Posts
Rip the plastic off the access opening. Sound deaden the inner door skin. Make a new cover from abs plastic and attach with rivet nuts. I used ccf on the door frame.

Add some CLD over that plastic next time you are in there :)

·
Registered
71 Posts

As a sound deadening noob. What is that ring around the woofer? CCF? Do you have a link to what you used (looks nice)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Mustang Convertible, 14 F-150, 10 MX-3
41 Posts
Dynamat Extreme, covered in 1/2" Dynaliner is the standard on high end builds. It reflects heat and stays put under most circumstances. Been using it for 30 +yrs; have ripped out lots of "better/cheaper/newer" brands because they failed or didn't work. That is not to say some of the other suggestions aren't legit, I have no experience with any of them.

Have never seen or heard of a proper comparison that didn't put Dynamat at or near the top, usually the most expensive. Never seen a durability test between any brands either. That should be a big part of the decision, unless you only need it to last a few weeks or months. I peeled some out of my wrecked Mustang, it had been in there for 10 years and was as hard to remove as the day after installing it.

Just did my entire convertible Foxbody in preparation for putting it back on the road after 5 yrs. Rear seat delete w/ 15" subs, a trunk full of Orion HCCAs, wide body painted House of Kolor, MM suspension, PSP motor, etc.

Ring Brothers, Rad Rides by Troy, Roadster Shop and most of the other high end car builders (only) use Dynamat and Dynaliner. I've been to some of those shops and have spent time speaking with the owners and employees. Their dedication to building The Best is unwavering. If there was better product out there, they would be using it. Some of those cars cost over half a mill USD. Compromise,budget or sponsorship is not in their vocabulary.

·
Registered
74 Posts
As a sound deadening noob. What is that ring around the woofer? CCF? Do you have a link to what you used (looks nice)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4PCS 6" 6.5" 6.75 inch Universal EVA Self Adhesive Sponge High Rebound Waterproof Car Door Speaker Foam Fast Rings Baffle Kit 4PCS 6" 6.5" 6.75 inch Universal EVA Self Adhesive Sponge High Rebound Waterproof Car Door Speaker Foam Fast Rings Baffle Kit:Amazon:Home Audio & Theater

It does not cut cleanly, but its ccf and waterproof. I had to trim a bit as it was too thick for the door trim.

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
I'm in Tampa, think I'll have any problems?
I'm in Denver, so take this with a grain of salt. Our summers stay in the 90's, and hit up to about 103 here and there. It's not AZ hot, but the summers here to get pretty toasty, and I have not had any problem with gooey kno knoise.

I just did a quick A/B temp comparison. According to a quick google search the average summer temps are:
June
Denver 86, Tampa 90
July
Denver 92, Tampa 91
August
Denver 90, Tampa 91

So, pretty damn close to the same summer temps. Our temps drop more when the sun goes down, but midday when it matters our temps are basically the same.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts