DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am new to the minidsp as well. I have the sub set to channel 9 so that the remote can control it. I suggest removing the remote when tuning. It seems to mess with the gain levels for me.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I am new to the minidsp as well. I have the sub set to channel 9 so that the remote can control it. I suggest removing the remote when tuning. It seems to mess with the gain levels for me.
I'm controlling the sub via the ACR1 knob. Today I installed the remote. I wasn't going to, but decided to do more than one location tune

Sent from my 1+7P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
I definitely like having the ability to switch between tunes. I am setting one up for the drivers side, the passengers side, and then the other two channels are experimental tunes.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I definitely like having the ability to switch between tunes. I am setting one up for the drivers side, the passengers side, and then the other two channels are experimental tunes.
Same here. I just reversed the driver side tune with a new sub distance for setting 2.

I need to set time aside to learn REW.

Sent from my 1+7P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
I started in REW with the autotune function but moved away from it as it is not obvious what is being done (to me anyway) when it spits out all the coefficients as compared to just plugging in frequencies, gains, and Qs. ymmv Great tool though. I started with the audiofrog guide.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
My drive into work was very pleasant this morning. Between music and audio books, I'm pretty happy with the staging.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
After a couple of weeks, I've decided to go back to the Morel Tempo Ultra tweeters instead of the CCWR 254 widebands. I was missing just a little bit of detail at the top. I have them crossed over at 1800 24dB slope with the 6x9 drivers topping out at 1800 24dB slope. The detail at the top is a lot nicer. The passive crossovers that came with the set crossed at 3200 6dB.

I still haven't gotten the opportunity to get rolling with the REW to EQ each of the channels - it just seems like there isn't the time to dedicate to it right now. That said, I used Erin's time alignment calculator and set up 3 listening positions, and they sound great!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I want to circle back to this and say I've always listened to my music loud. Having a set up that is on its way to be turned into something more than I ever imagined - maybe a true SQ system in the near term - has changed my whole listening experience.

There are some sins in my sound deadening and speaker adapters that I am going to fix next week, and now I have started looking at higher end drivers......

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
So I need to ask, is anyone here a MINIDSP C-DSP6x8 guru? I'm having issues splitting signals. For example, I am playing with REW now with some help from a fellow member, and have found that even with all channels muted other than the one I am metering, I'm still getting the whole side (woofer AND tweeter), and I can't for the life of me figure out why......

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I figured it out. Had nothing to do with the dsp, and everything to do with me. All the sum channels switches were set to on at the amp. All fixed. Back to your normally scheduled program lol

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

81 - 94 of 94 Posts