DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I guess my response post has disappeared into the ether.. I thought the forum problems were fixed..

ANYWAY, although the 3.1k manual does not explicitly say 'class D' there are several reviews and articles online that say it is a hybrid AB main channels, ClassD sub.

FOr an example, this is from an online review:

LRx 3.1k, 1400W (RMS), three channel: this unique hybrid amplifier provides up to 250W (RMS) of AB Class power per channel for front or rear hi-pass speakers. The mono D Class third channel provides up to 900W into a 2Ω load, capable of driving the most demanding subwoofer sections with authority.

I might have missed it, but what's the scoop on the 3.1k

·
Registered
0 Posts
I guess my response post has disappeared into the ether.. I thought the forum problems were fixed..

ANYWAY, although the 3.1k manual does not explicitly say 'class D' there are several reviews and articles online that say it is a hybrid AB main channels, ClassD sub.

FOr an example, this is from an online review:

LRx 3.1k, 1400W (RMS), three channel: this unique hybrid amplifier provides up to 250W (RMS) of AB Class power per channel for front or rear hi-pass speakers. The mono D Class third channel provides up to 900W into a 2Ω load, capable of driving the most demanding subwoofer sections with authority.

I am wanting to purchase the unit if it's still for sale. If you could send me a pm, we can arrange the purchase.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts