DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good 10" or 12" sub in a small sealed custom fiberglass enclosure. Would like to keep it at around 500 watts or less.

I listen to all genre of music.

·
Registered
834 Posts
How small is "small"?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Looking for a good 10" or 12" sub in a small sealed custom fiberglass enclosure. Would like to keep it at around 500 watts or less.

Really.....there is ton of reviews on different subs in different types of enclosures on this forum....try the search option

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really.....there is ton of reviews on different subs in different types of enclosures on this forum....try the search option
Wow...I thought this was the Help Me Choose Equipment For My Car. Whats the point of having a forum if you can't ask questions.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The amp + sub combo in my signature sounds great on any music. Massive Audio N2 with a CDT Audio HD-1200CF. This would be right around your budget.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Wow...I thought this was the Help Me Choose Equipment For My Car. Whats the point of having a forum if you can't ask questions.
Not to be rude ...but when you ask a generalized question expect the same type of answer.....:eek:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Not to be rude ...but when you ask a generalized question expect the same type of answer.....:eek:
It wasnt a "generalized" question.

Op suppplied enclosure requirements, power requirments and use. What more do you need.

Anybody can post "generalized" answers. Try posting something useful.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It wasnt a "generalized" question.

Op suppplied enclosure requirements, power requirments and use. What more do you need.

Anybody can post "generalized" answers. Try posting something useful.
How do suggest anything without a budget:bash:

....and given his requirements... what do you suggest:confused:

The search option is the most useful tool on this forum:eek:

·
Registered
2,777 Posts

If that is the sealed box volume after displaced air, these 12 inch
subs should work fine:

Image Dynamics IDQ v3
Infinity Kappa 120.9w
RE SRX12
Sundown SA-12
Dayton Reference HO
Peerless XLS

With the last three having lower sensitivity, but being able to work with a bit smaller volume.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I like the new arc audio black subs and the go to is the idq or jbl gti if depth is no concern.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hybrid Audio just came out with their 10" I10SW, take a look at that. Else, Image Dynamics seems to be very popular among the crowd.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
I also have a morel 10" ultimo sc 4 ohm mint I might sell. Great sub and within your price range because its used. PM me if interested. Also with the pdx-m6 to go with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts