DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a total of 800W available to me @ 2-ohms and would like to run 2 12" subs. My enclosures are 0.85 cu ft sealed (but I believe I can polyfill to create 1.0 cu ft) but with a max depth of 6.5". Considering I'll have 2 drivers, I'm sure I'll have as much SPL as I'll ever need, so the main concern here is SQ.

Looking at DC Audio Level 1's right now. But I can't find anything on this forum regarding them? Thoughts on SQ by looking at specs?

Other subs I'm considering (anyone have experience with these?):
Nothing from Sundown or Skar fits my requirements unfortunately.
Definitely open to other subwoofer suggestions, please let me know!

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Believe it or not ( I have experience with one) the Alpine type S is an excellent budget SQ subwoofer. If you can afford it the Scanspeak Discovery 30W is really nice. ScanSpeak Discovery 30W/4558T 12" Subwoofer

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Alpine S-W12D2
Dayton RSS315HO-4
Image Dynamics ID12D2v4

All great subs for them money that will work perfectly with 0.85ft³ and 400w each.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Believe it or not ( I have experience with one) the Alpine type S is an excellent budget SQ subwoofer.
Alpine S-W12D2
I'll definitely add this on my list of considerations, but it concerns me that they are rated 600 RMS, so I would be underpowering them. From what I've read, it's much better to overpower. I was actually looking at the Kicker CompR 12s since I love my CompR 10s, but nixed them since they are 500W rms (still underpowered)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I'll definitely add this on my list of considerations, but it concerns me that they are rated 600 RMS, so I would be underpowering them. From what I've read, it's much better to overpower. I was actually looking at the Kicker CompR 12s since I love my CompR 10s, but nixed them since they are 500W rms (still underpowered)
Yes, they do need the power if you want it loud. I missed that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts