DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I know its the thing to say....BUT seriously...there are countless 8" threads on here that are identical to yours! PLEASE SEARCH. There is ZERO reason for this to be here with all the info on here. I am not being a jerk, just saying it as nice as possible before everyone else jumps down your throat!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its the thing to say....BUT seriously...there are countless 8" threads on here that are identical to yours! PLEASE SEARCH. There is ZERO reason for this to be here with all the info on here. I am not being a jerk, just saying it as nice as possible before everyone else jumps down your throat!

i went through the threads and stuff already but i couldnt find what i was looking for.. alot of them were about 2-way and 3-way setups.. im using mine for rear fill.. i did see in one post that it didnt matter between 4ohm and 8ohm but i dont know about that

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
i went through the threads and stuff already but i couldnt find what i was looking for.. alot of them were about 2-way and 3-way setups.. im using mine for rear fill.. i did see in one post that it didnt matter between 4ohm and 8ohm but i dont know about that

Ouch,, if you go with 8ohm home speaker for your rear fill, than it wont sound as it should, you will need to build a enclosure in your doors.
I was looking in to going with morel speakers for my rear doors 8ohm drivers, but i have found out by parts express, that it wont sound good, not because they are 8 ohms, but these speakers are not design for CAR Application!... you really need to look and really see what you really want as far as speakers for your car. You might have to step up to the game and spend real money on speakers if you want more dynamic punch of out of them. I heard Rockford has goofosgate 8" good sub woofers but are used for midbass speakers as well, maybe it will be something to look in too. Rockford Fosgate® - P2D2-8 thats only if you could fit them in your doors :)

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
A. Dont you think that would have been handy info in your original post?????

B. A sub is a good sub and a midbass is a good midbass as a general rule again COUNTLESS POSTS ON THIS! You dont have to try to hard to find threads upon threads about this (not so much specific drivers but the knowledge to do the decision making yourself ;) Seriously!

C. Quickaudio07 has ZERO clue what he is talking about and has no business stating things he just did!!! (really???? have you seriously not noticed what this whole frigging place is all about????? WOW! GO READ...NO MORE TYPING FOR A WHILE)

D. Just out of curiousity WHY do you feel the need to add 8" drivers to the rear of your vehicle for midbass? Not to say it "CANT" work or be helpful but............. WHY?
What does your system consist of (components, processing, amps, deck, what car??????)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really just wanted to see how a 8" would sound and stuff.. I figured it would be more cone area so it was gonna handle midbass nicely and be a tad louder than a 6.5... I have the dayton 7" and vifa tweets in the front.. Im also in the process of getting some money together to get some better amps and stuff.. I had a RE xx sub but sold it to a friend.. And I have an 03 civic... If you have any suggestions about different speakers and stuff I'm always open for opinions

Sent from my Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Gummy Charged GBE 2.0 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
I can say what I might do to start, is PE has a woofer selector you can look at every one they have in a chart. If you look at ones in the power level you want, then look for a higher qts if IB (.7) and lower if boxed, and the frequency range/budget you want. Then I'd model them in winISD and see what I had for response. That will get you in the ballpark. Of course you want them to have high spl in your midbass range, where ever that range is for you, and not roll off into the basement before they get low as you need them to.

8 ohm are often higher spl, are more efficient, so many times there is less difference in loudness than you think. You might need more amp to run them maybe not hard to say. Sure some home drivers are not good with high moisture/etc, but most cars don't leak these days and you can custom the install to protect them, etc.

Dayton RS are nice but made to get up fairly high, so for real bass they are not the strongest more of a subwoofer would do better down at 50Hz for example but not play that high.

You could also wimp out and just buy some 8" coax for a car, clip the tweeter wire if you want. They are usually setup for an IB install and will have little bass in a small box.

·
Registered
330 Posts
You haven't said what you are looking to achieve, what other equipment you have or what the rest of your system consists of.

I'd do a search for "cone of confusion" on this site.
Patrick Bateman, I believe, has some threads on how you can have midbass located in different places in the car yet still achieve an "up front" midbass effect.

I would also state some reading/searching on your part is necessary, or at least some better stated goals for others to help you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts