DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know that sound is subjective and everyones opinion is different? but I need some help deciding on a pair of 10"s for my f250 excab. I want something that will hive me good out put and be pretty clean at the same time? lol me and everyone else... Im going to build a box and take out the back but build a new seat on top of the box. I have about 6 1/2" depth and about 2.3 sqft total to work with. I already have a fosgate T1500-1bdCp that i will use to power the pair. i have focal polyglas 3 way up front running off a jl600/4hd Im really happy with that gets loud, clean and very detailed in my opinion.

I was looking at either the new SSA Icon but want to know if anyone has had a chance to listen to them or have any info on them. I also thought about idq10v3. I am open to any other ideas anyone may have. I listen to a wide verity of music 80s pop but mostly hip hop and R&B. so i want something that will get low for the rap but stay clean and tight for my MJ thriller Album probably my favorite album... lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone please give me some input on the new SSA Icon or suggest a good sub for my applications. i want to stay around $600 for the subs and I will be running them sealed
any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Dan

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any input would be appreciated looking for good sq sub that will work well sealed with about 6 1/2" mounting depth
Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have great sucess with JL Audio W6v2. I have owned a SSA sub and the JL sounds much better. The W6v2 maybe over your depth restrictions. Check out sub selections from Fi and Dayton Audio as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info.. i would LOVE to do a w6 i have had a few in past vehicles and I was very happy with them but I think they are to deep right now the IDQ10v3 seems to be the best fit for my application. Has anyone had any experience with the IDQ i have owned an IDMAX and Really like it. there is now way to listen to them before i buy so any info would be appreciated thanks

Dan

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The FI Q looks like it would be a good Option has anyone had or heard this sub would it work well sealed and give me the clean loud bass Im looking for ? don't know much about FI products but I've head they make a good product
Thanks Dan

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
What about jbl? I loved my older power series 10 maybe the new ms subs? Alpine type r is always a good option as well the shallow ones are very interesting.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the JBL is too deep for my application Ive heard good thinks about them but won't fit.. Im looking at The SSA Icon or IDQv3 right now also I've Decided to go with 12s I'm taking the back seat out and building a new seat over the box

1 - 11 of 11 Posts