DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Good ATV forums?

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  mumbles 
#1 ·
We have a utility quad, but are looking to get a sport quad now and I would like to find a good forum. Google turns up a bunch of different results.

Any recomendations?

#4 ·
atvquadsquad is my favorite. http://atvquadsquad.com/eve/ubb.x?cdra=Y&s=7706027254
The moderators and members are extremely helpful and friendly... More utilty based -but some of them also have sport quads and I believe there's a forum titled "fast and furious" on there home page for the sporters...Then there are forums broken down by all manufacturers...

We own several quads and UTV's -and I find this site to be most helpful with all... Give'm a try!

#6 ·
Thanks for all the links, I'll start looking into them.

What are you looking for? I'm kinda a sportquad guy...:D
I'm looking to pick up a sport quad for me and need to research them some as i really know nothing about them.

The 2 that seem to keep popping up for me are the Honda TRX400ex and the Yamaha raptor 660. I'm trying to stay in the $2000-$2500 range and these seem to be around there for '00-'01 models. I'm not dead set on these, they just seem to be the most that I find forsale within my travel range.

I know I do not want a Banshee as I can't stand the way they look.

#9 ·
This will be my 1st quad, so the 400ex may be a good choice. My wife will be riding a Blaster for now, so this may work to hand down to her once we both gain more experience on them, then I could upgrade to something faster.

I like the looks of the Z400/KFX400, so those are options also. I just haven't seen any forsale around here.

#10 ·
The Blaster is a two stroke. A much more peaky powerband, and it's a 6 speed with a clutch. Depending on her riding style, she may be suited to a 250 EX better. No clutch, and a four stroke that is easy to putt on. The only problem is that they aren't too fast.

What type of riding do you do?

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
We do mainly trail riding. We already have the Blaster and a Polaris Sportsman 500. She started out riding the Polaris and I was running the Blaster, then she learned how to ride it, now she rides that and I am on the Sportsman. The blaster was underpowered and to small for me (5'11"). The Sportsman is to big and bulky for any fun trail riding, it's great for just putzing around the woods on though.

#12 ·
I agree on the Polaris all the way. My friend has one and we trail ride with it, I have a Kaw Prairie 360, which is also a slow ulti quad. The 360 WALKS the polaris in the woods every day but on the open stretches I get walked. For some reason the polaris just WANTS to go straight :( My wife loves our 360 and simply can't ride the Polaris, it just wears her out too bad.

In other words, don't rule out a utility quad for trail riding, you just have one that does not like the twisties :D But other than that I LOVE that polaris, it's a nice machine!

Chad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.