DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for another car, and I was trying to find out which cars tend to make for good sound quality builds. I come from an spl background and I'm sure there are vehicles that tend to be better/easier to make a good setup, I know there were in spl (crx, panda). I always remember seeing lots of g bodies (regal, Monte Carlo, cutlass) and I can remember a few fox body mustangs locally that people used to compete with. I remember reading somewhere that a scion xb was also good but I'm not really trying to buy a newer/more expensive car, and I'd rather have a v8 car. Thanks for any advice and suggestions.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
dodge magnum. the trunk's false floor and front door speaker location, seem to be designed with the car audio enthusiast in mind.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, every magnum I've ever worked on came out sounding really good, with maybe one or two exceptions. But a magnum would definitely be out of my price range.

·
Registered
395 Posts
There used to be quite a few of the 1994-1996 Impala/Impala SS in the IASCA and USAC lanes that did very well, and of course some of the Honda Accords and such too, though obviously not a V8 in those...

·
Registered
331 Posts
I heard the newer style VW beetle makes a great SQ car because of its overall shape and how that is advantageous to eliminating standing waves. Could be a bunch of BS?Unfortunately, it's a beetle and (in my opinion) doesn't look great.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,387 Posts
I have been told its impossible to make a Civic and/or Accord sound bad. I am a fan of the Magnum/Charger/300 cars for SQ. DEEEP dash locations, can fit an 8 in the door easily and they all have a false floor that makes a great location for an amp rack and sub floor.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Newer Toyota Camrys seem ideal. They have stock 6" x 9"s in the front doors and rear deck. I've heard it's easy to fit a 10" midbass in the doors. Definitely would be my first choice for my next car. I am not sure if they make the Camry in a V8, though..

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I heard the newer style VW beetle makes a great SQ car because of its overall shape and how that is advantageous to eliminating standing waves. Could be a bunch of BS?Unfortunately, it's a beetle and (in my opinion) doesn't look great.
The dash in the Beetle ["New Beetle", but possibly not the 2012+ models] has enough space to put fiberglass enclosures behind it for up-front bass.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Newer Toyota Camrys seem ideal. They have stock 6" x 9"s in the front doors and rear deck. I've heard it's easy to fit a 10" midbass in the doors. Definitely would be my first choice for my next car. I am not sure if they make the Camry in a V8, though..
They do not make the Camry in a non-bland, non-appliance, non-soulless form. They never have and likely never will. Thumbs down to that suggestion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
They do not make the Camry in a non-bland, non-appliance, non-soulless form. They never have and likely never will. Thumbs down to that suggestion.
Actually, the Camry does come in some interesting trims. For instance, a good one is the SE V6 trim. They come with an attractive front fascia, side, and rear skirts. The V6 engine is quite strong as well, and the dual tail pipes look fantastic tucked away under the rear bumper spoiler. Over all a strong and good looking car at a reasonable price.

And yes the doors are very deep and can accommodate 10 inch mid bass. The trunk is gigantic and can hold a lot of gear. And yes, 6x9 all around makes it very accommodating. Yes I own one and have the whole car with Rainbow gear top to bottom, couldn’t be happier. Personal preference I guess, I can understand when hearing Camry automatically thinking fail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts