DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
is good quality cable like van den hul really make a different
Once you reach a certain standard of quality where the cable does it's job carrying signal without allowing noise to be induced or falling apart, spending any more gets you past the point of diminishing returns pretty quickly.

Basic medium priced cables and interconnects using good design, materials and quality construction (or DIY alternatives you make yourself as per tutorials here on the forum) should have no trouble carrying signal through the automotive environment in a noise free way- spending many times more for big ticket cables marketed to the "golden ear" set will only net gains that can be attributed to psychoacoustics.

·
Registered
546 Posts
this has been covered many times, but ill give you my answer. yes and no. yes because cable type, and size matter. no because it isnt really audible. for example, some companies sell oxygen free copper 4ga. what it actually may be is non-oxygen free cable, and a thicker jacket and less wire. rule of thumb, for me, just make sure you have enough cable to support your current needs.

theoretically in a perfect car (perfect install and tune), with medeocre cabling; if the user was to just swap all cables with a much higher grade cable, there will theoretically be a difference. how audible? very minimal if any. you just want to make sure the signal gets from point a to point be without attenuation.

my suggestion, dont worry about the small things. make sure you have a great install first!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts