DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had 2 sets of jl rcas fail within the last 3 months. They are secured with no room to move but are developing shorts.

I don't understand how this is happening. I've used jl rcas a lot theough the years and never had them fail.

What would you guys suggest I try?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would suggest knuconceptz krystal cables. They have served me very well over the past decade or so, but they changed the design. They used to be metal, but now they’re a cheap plastic. Still effective. Just disappointing...and cheap.

·
Registered
563 Posts
KnuKonceptz Krux RCA are nice. I just bought a set for my HU to DSP and DSP to amps.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I really like my Stinger 9000s... They are pretty to look at and built like tanks. Plus the locking feature is pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
I really like my Stinger 9000s... They are pretty to look at and built like tanks. Plus the locking feature is pretty cool.
This would be a great choice. But 99% of people are cheap and wont pay that for rcas

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
From the Stinger line I prefer the 8000 series. Not nearly as bulky.

This would be a great choice. But 99% of people are cheap and wont pay that for rcas.
True!

drop1 take care in routing your RCAs where they will not get pinched or kinked.

But yeah, make your own to the exact lengths you need, or have them made by WestCo.

And there are already a ton of "What RCA?" threads! SEARCH is your friend!

EDIT: I'm pretty sure there is a good warranty on those JL interconnects. They should replace them for no charge at a JL Dealer or directly.

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
I've had 2 sets of jl rcas fail within the last 3 months. They are secured with no room to move but are developing shorts.

I don't understand how this is happening. I've used jl rcas a lot theough the years and never had them fail.

I would try to figure out where they are shorting.
Is it getting chaffed through the side going past some sharp metal?
If so, then rubber grommets and heartier wire are options.
Or is it being pulled too tight and shorting inside of the RCA end?
You will want to figure out this stuff before using an expensive wire, which could also short.

And if similar dramas exist on the power side, you will likely want to correct that before you have a power short going to the amp, or a speaker wire short ccoming from the (smoking) amp.

I would not recommend making your own RCAs, but if you... then the Magomi wire and Neutrik ProFi ends seem to work well together.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
True.

From the Stinger line I prefer the 8000 series. Not nearly as bulky.

And take care in routing your RCAs where they will not get pinched or kinked.

But yeah, make your own to the exact lengths you need, or have them made.

And there are already a ton of "What RCA?" threads! SEARCH is your friend!

EDIT: I'm pretty sure there is a good warranty on those JL interconnects. They should replace them for no charge at a JL Dealer or directly.
You are right... I switched from the 8000 to the 9000, mostly for looks. The 9000 are soooo pretty to look at! ;)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Marohei cabless are also nice, especially the ones with Copper used, there are also Silver cable version, but at much higher expense
© MAROHEI CABLES
EMMA competitors from Europe use a lot of Tchernov cables
"TCHERNOV CABLE"

there is a lot of other aspects of good cables - the materials and quality of rCA sockets, insulation play a big role, purity of copper - OCF, POCC, its inductance and capacitance,...., type of connection - soldering, crimping, velding, .... and each cable will bring small difference in sound if the system is enough revealing to show it. MAybe some cable will perform well in one system and not so good in some other system with different equipment

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've had 2 sets of jl rcas fail within the last 3 months.
I have been using Stinger Pro 8000 series for a few years now.
After I became familiar with their threaded RCA plugs (you can screw the male onto the female connect for a secure/solid connection).

Connection breakout:

Stinger 8000

1 - 15 of 15 Posts