DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard today they are now discontinued, therefore, the step from LRx goes directly to the Thesis line....

I'm bummed :(:rolleyes:

(Sorry if this is old news)

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm sure it was purely due to the slow market... those that can afford it get the Thesis, those that can't get the SRx.

Leaves two options in the middle and I'd bet that the LRx sells 3 or 4 times as well as the VRx. Bummer...

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Either this already exists or is the plan....but my Audison dealer told me yesterday that there are (will be) a "more affordable" version(s) of the Thesis amps and that is why the Vrx was discontinued. I am sure the word affordable is relative.

I know very little about it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm thinking they're just discontinuing that line to replace it w/ something else. They've upgraded both the other lines, figured it was time to do these ones.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Either this already exists or is the plan....but my Audison dealer told me yesterday that there are (will be) a "more affordable" version(s) of the Thesis amps and that is why the Vrx was discontinued. I am sure the word affordable is relative.

I know very little about it.
I heard about this over a month ago from my good friend that is a dealer, sorry guys thought everyone new about this already. He has some pics of the new extended Thesis lines that is to replace the VRx line. See if I can the model list and some of the pics so people can see the new line.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
"affordability" for the expanded Thesis line is a word I would use loosely. Yes it's cheaper than the HV, but still more than the VRx are/were.
They also have a new Thesis line of speakers.

Any way I got a sweet ass VRx poster at the shop which will soon become a collectors item:).

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Jason. You got a list of the new line and the power break out at the shop. I know you had or Chris had a some pics of some of the new Thesis stuff got a way to post some of it.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Jason. You got a list of the new line and the power break out at the shop. I know you had or Chris had a some pics of some of the new Thesis stuff got a way to post some of it.
I'm not at the shop today, but I can post some stuff tomorrow:).

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
it's sad to say that despite the quality of the amps, I haven't been a fan of the cases. Call me lame... to each their own I suppose.
I second that. I have two Lrx amps and one DLS. I fussed with the Lrx amps about 1000 times more than the DLS. The DLS was easy to mount. Easy to understand the proper wiring, easy to actually connect the various wires..etc. The Lrx? Not so much. In fact, if I have any plans to tweak my system or just move an amp one inch in any direction....it is a royal PITA and its all because of how the amp mounts, etc.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I second that. I have two Lrx amps and one DLS. I fussed with the Lrx amps about 1000 times more than the DLS. The DLS was easy to mount. Easy to understand the proper wiring, easy to actually connect the various wires..etc. The Lrx? Not so much. In fact, if I have any plans to tweak my system or just move an amp one inch in any direction....it is a royal PITA and its all because of how the amp mounts, etc.
I agree profoundly. Once you have mastered the art of an Audison Amp, the wiring, and the control panel push buttons, you can fully well use any other amplifier without qualm.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It looks like the vrx models are also rated at 12v and increase power as voltage
goes up. Lrx models do rated at 14.4v I believe (I have 2 of them).

1 - 20 of 36 Posts