DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around on my local craigslist I found a guy selling a pair of what he called D100 amps, but the picture was showing a pair of D200's(matched them to pics on ampguts.) So I swung by today to see them and while they aren't mint condition they aren't too bad. One was even in it's original box and was the really clean one. The other showed some wear and a little corrosion at the 4 bolt holes, but other than some nicks and scratches it looked ok.

Anyways really looking forward to hearing these guys, from what I've read they're beasts but highly musical. No system to test them out on yet so they'll have to sit and wait. Now to decide what mids/tweets to get!

Best part... bought them both for 120$.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
As I remember, those were great sounding, partially due to their lack of protection circuits. They were also susceptible to noise.

I would underfuse initially... and be way careful with the speaker outputs.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
Bonus deal! I used to put those in new. They had a more flat response like newer amps today, but back then people liked linear power more due to it being warmer. Remember many did not have EQs back then. Often we ran SS on highs and LP on lows it worked great.

·
Registered
141 Posts
best amps i ever used. very clean . had noise that oddly enough i resolved by running a ground wire from the radio to the turn on relay for my amps instead of using the amp distro block ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts