Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woofers etc.. Woofersetc.com
shall i say any more?

straight up criminals.. and ebay helps them!
Any negative or neutral feedback you leave will be removed when the seller issues a refund...
Problem is.. when I sent the garbage back, they issued partial refund and there feedback i left was still removed... and they stole half the money!

As usual they claim i didnt send everything back.. blah blah.. how many reviews going back to 2013 have i read about them doing this SAME thing to others?

CRIMINALS> WOOFERSETC.com

SCAM

NEVER again will i buy Image Dynamics... NEVER>.. NEVER..
Dont care if its from that website or any other... Any association with Woofersetc.com is trouble... Any brands that WoofersEtc is selling and or associated with will be on my SH8It list for dealing with criminals..

·
Registered
920 Posts
Dealt with them many, many times. Never had an issue. I always err on the side of caution when returning products (which doesn't happen very often) and take photos or video of the items I am returning so such claims cannot be made. Contact them, and find out what they claim is missing. I have heard of retailers charging a re-stocking fee on special order items being returned, but never a partial refund. How about a few more details...
And how does Image Dynamics fit into the equation?
Claiming you refuse to do business with any manufacturer that uses woofers ect sounds a little extreme, and honestly, a little ridiculous. I can't help but get the feeling theres a bit more to the story than you let on........

·
Registered
733 Posts
Call your credit card company. They will most likely give you your money back.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Same. Purchased from Woofers many times, no issues. May not always have the best price, but they usually have good stock and decent to excellent shipping speed. While I definitely HAVE met a few criminal organizations selling audio gear and have had to get my CC company involved, it wasn't with Woofers.

Image Dynamics is no longer owned by its founders, but still seems a legit, quality company to me. I've had my issues with ID woofers failing due to weathering and I made a thread about it.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I have purchased from them many times, too, with no issues. Actually, they really helped my out of a pickle once, when I went down to their warehouse in Los Angeles.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This is what they said.. Ill quote
" Ebay is refunding you the remainder of what we deducted. Contact ebay by phone and they will credit you the rest."

Wth are they doing deducting money from a refund I deserve?
Why would they issue a partial refund then tell me that eBay will give me the rest? They could have, should have given the entire refund..Woofers etc is using the ebay return/dispute system in a illegal and dishonest manner! No shock there since 2009 ebay has changed there rules and procedeurs to help criminals by hiding and even removing feedback that would alert others to the problems certain ebay users are perpetrating.

They had hoped id just accept the half refund and not push the subject like many sheep do on ebay. However I sent them links that went back all the way to 2013 that showed where people were sending there defective items back and Woofers etc did the same thing to them and went so far as to even appeal the full refund that the buyer got and claimed the same thing they tried to claim with me..

I had a ebayer chat with me about his experiences. He bought a couple of subwoofers that he says kept cracking at the fram when he would mount the subwoofer to the enclosure. He said its cause the subwoofers are plastic! WHen he tried to do a warranty woofers scammed him too! He said MANY people had this same issue.

I read that Image Dynamics was selling defective subwoofers for a long time. Woofers etc wouldnt honor the warranty and when people would go try to return or exchaneg them they had huge problems.. You can do a simple search woofers etc scam and it will bring it up..

So, my point is... ok maybe you never got shot or mugged or beat up but we all know some people do experience this... do YOU want to experience Woofers Etc scamming you?

They tried super hard to scam me, its clear. Ebay did issue the rest of the refund. If I had not opened the dispute i would not have gotten that refund. I got the message FORM THEM, that woofers etc had no intentions on giving me that full refund even though i sent everything back! SO WHY would you gamble of buying from these dirt bags? ANY company that sells there product through them is in my opinion also dirt bags. Why do I say that? Cause you have a bunch of criminals selling your products and woofers etc are known to scam people! I dont care if its 3 out of 50.. Do you want to be that 1 person that gets shafted by woofers etc?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Do you work for ABT? You do don’t you?

LOL...Just kidding. Maybe it had something to do with how the proceeds of your sell were split between eBay and Woofers. I’m not saying it’s the case, but maybe Woofers refunded the money they earned on the sale, and eBay received the rest??? I’ve ordered from Woofers in the past and have had no issues...but that’s just me.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Refusing to buy products that a company you don't like also sells is stupid to me. Woofersetc sells a ton of different brands. Don't want to roll the dice? Buy local, direct from manufacturer, from a vendor on here that can legally ship, or buy from Crutchfield. More times than not I buy from Crutchfield because they're a great company and the local dealers around here mostly suck.

On the Image Dynamics stuff yes the problems with some of their speakers and subs are well documented on here. I have an IDQ in my truck that started life off as a v3 but I rebuilt it into a v4 with the stamped basket ID sells because the junk composite v3 basket broke in shipping taking out the voicecoil with it. The seller worked with ID to get me taken care of and I think the recone kit came from woofersetc.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've purchased a few items from woofers etc (and their ebay store for the make an offer option). Even had issues (that I caused) with some and they went above and beyond with replacing the items....twice. Even cross shipped some stuff to me (I paid for the item and once they received mine back they refunded me).

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
What was your reason for going thru eBay as opposed to woofers directly?
Kinda what I was wondering...

I haven't bought anything from Woofers, for a number of years.
But, about 10 years ago, I bough quite a lot of stuff from them, and never had an issue. Not once ever.

Sure, there's guys that go online and bitch about being hosed (like what you're doing)... but you never hear the other side of the story.

1. Woofers sells a TON of equipment. The more you sell, the more likely you're going to have feedback (good and bad).

2. There's a lot of dumbasses out there, that buy a cheap sub and hook it up to their 50,000 watt amp that they got from Wal-Mart. Then blow the sub in the first 10 minutes, and try to return it. As soon as they get denied, they scream; 'foul play'. Not saying this is what you did... but we all know those guys are out there, and plenty of them. I'm sure Woofers has experienced this many times...

3. Clearly, Woofers and eBay have some sort of internal agreement, regarding their refund policy. I've never heard of this, but I can assure you that Woofers is legit, and don't make a policy of ripping people off. You are ranting about criminals, and being ripped off, but the solutions seems fairly straightforward: Woofers has refunded you 50%, and eBay has refunded you the other 50%. What am I missing here? Although it's an odd way to do a refund, there is nothing illegal about it, and I'm failing to see how you got scammed.

4. I'll make one final point;
In this transaction, you actually purchased from eBay (not Woofers). The seller was eBay. You should have taken this up the them, before ever contacting Woofers directly. It's kinda like buying a sour jug of milk, and calling the farmer to complain, rather than just going back to the grocery store for a refund...

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Kinda what I was wondering...

I haven't bought anything from Woofers, for a number of years.
But, about 10 years ago, I bough quite a lot of stuff from them, and never had an issue. Not once ever.

Sure, there's guys that go online and bitch about being hosed (like what you're doing)... but you never hear the other side of the story.

1. Woofers sells a TON of equipment. The more you sell, the more likely you're going to have feedback (good and bad).

2. There's a lot of dumbasses out there, that buy a cheap sub and hook it up to their 50,000 watt amp that they got from Wal-Mart. Then blow the sub in the first 10 minutes, and try to return it. As soon as they get denied, they scream; 'foul play'. Not saying this is what you did... but we all know those guys are out there, and plenty of them. I'm sure Woofers has experienced this many times...

3. Did you actually contact eBay, to find out about the other 50% refund?
I've never heard of this, but I can assure you that Woofers is legit, and don't make a policy of ripping people off. You are ranting about criminals, and being ripped off, but the solutions seems fairly straightforward: Woofers has refunded you 50%, and eBay will refund you the other 50%. What am I missing here? Although it's an odd way to do a refund, there is nothing illegal about it, and I'm failing to see how you're getting scammed.
I agree ^^^

You should see their warehouse, it's mind blowing the amount of inventory they have on hand... Massive warehouse with racks to ceiling, packed full of car audio!

·
Registered
17,768 Posts
NEVER again will i buy Image Dynamics... NEVER>.. NEVER..
Dont care if its from that website or any other... Any association with Woofersetc.com is trouble... Any brands that WoofersEtc is selling and or associated with will be on my SH8It list for dealing with criminals..
ok, slow down. They arent authorized to sell anything they carry except for a few brands. Its all gray market and has NOTHING to do with the manufactures you see on their site.

·
Registered
17,768 Posts
And how does Image Dynamics fit into the equation?
Claiming you refuse to do business with any manufacturer that uses woofers ect sounds a little extreme, and honestly, a little ridiculous. I can't help but get the feeling theres a bit more to the story than you let on........
i have the same feeling

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
And remember, while its perfectly fine to voice your opinion on the matter, you may just be on the tail end of a bad luck or bad experience situation that is the outlier %, not the mean average. The 1-2% vs. the 98-99%. And that sucks which is why you probably won't shop there again. Will it prevent me from doing so? Unlikely!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
What was your reason for going thru eBay as opposed to woofers directly?
EBay protection?! Lol

Personally, I order from the WoofersEtc through Amazon.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From here on out its going to be Crutchfield for me... Yea ill pay a bit more but at least i know ill never get scammed.. Plus I know they will treat me right.

Look heres the thing... Anytime a company does dirty business, like NIKE or NFL people just decide they dont want to buy there goods or goto there events.. This is not something stupid or new. Its what people do.. so dont say that im stupid... Im doing what everyone does when they get scammed or treated liek dirt from a certain company..

As for the ebay /woofers purchase.. I bought the speakers on ebay cause i buy small gadgets and connectors on ebay i cant get anywhere else. So I figured let me try this off branded company.. I was going to by some ID speakers off a seller that had new speakers on ebay. He just wanted to get rid of them.. Well this is the person that went on to tell me his story about how he also decided he had enough of Image Dynamics and Woofers etc and decided he would sell all his NIB Image Dynamics items and be done with it.. He warned me not to buy from Woofers etc cause they would more than likely screw you over IF you had a issue with the speakers...

Now Im sure some of you bough tsomething from woofers etc and claim you had no issues.. Its the ones that get a speaker from them that was damaged and then Woofers etc doesnt want to do anything to replace or refund the item. You want to be one of those guys that buys something from this dirtbag company and then get shafted? OK go gamble! Maybe you get lucky and maybe you get what i got... The fact that they quickly gave me only HALF the refund and then told me. like its a dam joke.. to go ask ebay for the rest.. is a dam shame and proof that they think your money and time is a joke and dont care about customer service.

If you want to know Woofers side of the story .. I just quoted it to you off my ebay message they sent to me.. Its easy, clear and obvious! They had no intent to give me the full refund and in one quick sentence told me they wont give it to me but ebay will... why the hell wouldnt THEY DO IT? I tell you why.. .cause they thought they would beable to claim i didnt return all the speakers. However after i send ebay and Woofers etc links showing this is something they did before.. They didnt, as of yet, dispute any of my claims nor have they appealed the return ebay issued...

Again.. You may have had good experience but not me. Do you want to gamble with them, knowing others have had similar experiences? Be my guest.. take that chance... I woint do it.. not again... Im sticking with a company that been around for 40 years... Not a dirt bag company that cant even answer the ff*ing phone....

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.