DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been lurking for a while, and I'm getting ready to do my first real build. So I figured I'd introduce myself before I start asking for help.
My name's Josh, I'm from Tyler, Texas! I'm 20, and I'm going to be a sophmore in college this year, and I think I'm addicted to Instagram. I drive a 2008 Scion xB, and I'm working on getting a 15(or 2) in the back(I'm open for suggestions). Then eventually adding some amped components up front, polk, JBl, Cadence, still not sure(Again I'm all ears...eyes).

Nothing special, but she's mine, and I love her.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
There is plenty of Texas members here (some from Tyler) that am sure are willing to help. I suggest one 15, as I have two 12's and can't complain (actually its too much power even at 500watts). Am even thinking of going back to a single 10" since I got an Image Dynamics 10" V3.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is plenty of Texas members here (some from Tyler) that am sure are willing to help. I suggest one 15, as I have two 12's and can't complain (actually its too much power even at 500watts). Am even thinking of going back to a single 10" since I got an Image Dynamics 10" V3.
Too much power, as in loud? I want loud, I wanna piss people off :p

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Too much power, as in loud? I want loud, I wanna piss people off :p
Not to piss people off, unless your inside. My focus is the people inside the vehicle...I could careless about the people outside. Funny when people don't believe how loud it is because of the outside noise, but once their inside....that's a different story:laugh::laugh:

DirtDiggler got a quick one minute demo when I bought some stuff from him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmm. Surprised I haven't seen it around town. I usually notice cars like that. :D
It's pretty new(I've only seen it once in the wild) I just know the guy lives by me. It's hard to spot little cars like that amongst all the big trucks. :p

P.S Do yall have a clearance rack, or anything like that?
P.S.S Do you have an AppRadio on display??

·
Registered
194 Posts
It's pretty new(I've only seen it once in the wild) I just know the guy lives by me. It's hard to spot little cars like that amongst all the big trucks. :p

P.S Do yall have a clearance rack, or anything like that?
P.S.S Do you have an AppRadio on display??
We don't really have a clearance rack per se, but we have good deals on pretty much anything. What exactly are you looking for? (we just brought Diamond Audio back in the store, and they've got some really high end stuff at great prices.)

And no, I don't usually stock the App Radio, as it tends to be a slow mover in Tyler. I've used a lot of them though, and the App Radio 2 is great. The App Radio 3 looks even better, but I haven't seen one in person yet. If you're thinking of using the AppRadio, I'd seriously recommend pairing it with a good processor. (think RF 3sixty.3, JBL MS8, etc.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We don't really have a clearance rack per se, but we have good deals on pretty much anything. What exactly are you looking for? (we just brought Diamond Audio back in the store, and they've got some really high end stuff at great prices.)

And no, I don't usually stock the App Radio, as it tends to be a slow mover in Tyler. I've used a lot of them though, and the App Radio 2 is great. The App Radio 3 looks even better, but I haven't seen one in person yet. If you're thinking of using the AppRadio, I'd seriously recommend pairing it with a good processor. (think RF 3sixty.3, JBL MS8, etc.)
I'm looking for 1 15" or 2 12"s not sure yet, just want loud, about 600w RMS and around $200ea. I've been looking at SoundQuebed(audioque) Or Sundown. I'm not a big fan of kicker, I don't wanna be "that guy" with Kicker comps, and their Square woofers are just ugly.

I also want to upgrade my front stage sometime, Cadence 6.5's look good, and so do JBL's, as do Infinity, looking for about $150 a pair. Something that can keep up with my subs.

I hate to say it to a dealer, but I'm more than likely going to buy my amps online, since I got a chubby for Hifonics, CEA 2006 compliant 1100w RMS under $200! I may buy deadener from a shop, since that ****'s expensive errywhere.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm looking for 1 15" or 2 12"s not sure yet, just want loud, about 600w RMS and around $200ea. I've been looking at SoundQuebed(audioque) Or Sundown. I'm not a big fan of kicker, I don't wanna be "that guy" with Kicker comps, and their Square woofers are just ugly.

I also want to upgrade my front stage sometime, Cadence 6.5's look good, and so do JBL's, as do Infinity, looking for about $150 a pair. Something that can keep up with my subs.

I hate to say it to a dealer, but I'm more than likely going to buy my amps online, since I got a chubby for Hifonics, CEA 2006 compliant 1100w RMS under $200! I may buy deadener from a shop, since that ****'s expensive errywhere.
FWIW, I can get sundown and JBL. Can't blame you on the Hifonics amp though. Its a lot of power for the money. (not the cleanest power mind you, but it gets the job done if you're looking for loud bass)

Infintys and JBLs are essentially the same speaker. Both are made by Harmon Kardon.

PS not all Kicker squares are ugly:

(SoloX 18" next to a 20oz DP)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FWIW, I can get sundown and JBL. Can't blame you on the Hifonics amp though. Its a lot of power for the money. (not the cleanest power mind you, but it gets the job done if you're looking for loud bass)

Infintys and JBLs are essentially the same speaker. Both are made by Harmon Kardon.

PS not all Kicker squares are ugly:

(SoloX 18" next to a 20oz DP)
Are your sundowns' $230ish?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts