DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
2,486 Posts
I was looking for a DVC 10". I found one about two weeks ago after looking for 5 years. Thanks for remembering though Vin.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not trying to offend anyone here, but...
I am amazed that $70 shipped is considered a good deal for a middle-of-the-road Kappa 12, and no one will bite on my top-of-the-line Beta 12's for a few bucks more apiece.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Classic sub. I ran 2 of the green kappa 12"s IB back in the day. One of the first subs that worked well in all situations.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Classic sub. I ran 2 of the green kappa 12"s IB back in the day. One of the first subs that worked well in all situations.
yep, and they were efficient, got FANTASTIC reviews, and above all IMHO were the LAST real infinity product produced sub-wise with soul.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Not trying to offend anyone here, but...
I am amazed that $70 shipped is considered a good deal for a middle-of-the-road Kappa 12, and no one will bite on my top-of-the-line Beta 12's for a few bucks more apiece.
The Betas were awesome. I'd like to have some more of the 15's and the tweets.

·
Administrator
2,486 Posts
I ran one of the Kappa DVC tens (green the one I mentioned above I was looking for) in a Vette from 98-2002 and I pounded on it and pounded on it and it never let me down. I ran it off of the sub channel of a Soundstream 555, which is only like 120w or so, and it had plenty of bass. I finally found a second and plan on using them over the two Diyma's I have had setting around for 2+ years. I would buy a six pack of them if I could find them.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I have the same 12" kappa 120w. br 4ohm svc version. It's in perfect condition functionally. The cone is in mint condition. The surround is intact with no blemishes. I can let it go for $50+actual shipping(conus). Send me a pm for pics.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had one of these paired w/ a set of Soundstream Exact comps running trimode:p off a 2 channel RF in the girlfriend's '96 Camry. The back seat acted well as a LP filter for the sub. Pretty good bass quality, but then that car made most everything sound good. I know this 'cause I replaced the system three times due to theft. Very attractive green.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts