DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

I am Joe and I compete in USACi SQ competitions along with judging USACi competitions. I wanted to just introduce myself and let you know what I will be competing with this year

car is a 1998 Ford Mustang GT 'Vert ( they said it can't be done, I am out to prove that theory wrong )

Amps: SRX1, (2) Lrx2.150, Lrx1.400 ( all Audison )
Speakers (in pairs): MW102, MW152, MW182 ( all Dynaudio )
Subwoofer: 33V2 Focal
Head unit: Eclipse 7200MKII

Active or Passive? Both. Running active for front stage off head unit, and passive on the subwoofer

Dampening: Unsure as of yet, but most likely Second Skin

Team Affiliations: TEAM Non-Conformists, TEAM Wolfpack Audio, TEAM Focal

Sponsorships: Formerly Sponsored by Team FOCAL ( Orca Distributing )

Years competing: off and on for about 23years

SPL competition? Never

Competition Promoter: Yes, tenatively scheduled for summer 2010.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
What's up Joe.

Who is building or built your car this time around?

I know what you answer should be.LOL

I will see in the lanes this year with the budget comp. truck.

Do you know what shows you plan on making this year?

USACi finals are in Tulsa, OK this year wooohoooo!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am hoping to be making the DSN ( aka Deep South Nationals ) this June. Marquies Weaver and I will be building the car, although I was just up at Advantage and talked to Jason and Chris for a little bit.

I bought a JVC radio for my boat and had it installed. Nearly everyone from Audio Midwest is there now.

Thanks for the welcome. I figure I will definately be at the USACi finals. Main reason is that the T-Town invitational is also going on there too, and I will be one of the judges.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I certainly want to hear that Mustang when your finished! Welcome to the board.

Greetings,

I am Joe and I compete in USACi SQ competitions along with judging USACi competitions. I wanted to just introduce myself and let you know what I will be competing with this year

car is a 1998 Ford Mustang GT 'Vert ( they said it can't be done, I am out to prove that theory wrong )

Amps: SRX1, (2) Lrx2.150, Lrx1.400 ( all Audison )
Speakers (in pairs): MW102, MW152, MW182 ( all Dynaudio )
Subwoofer: 33V2 Focal
Head unit: Eclipse 7200MKII

Active or Passive? Both. Running active for front stage off head unit, and passive on the subwoofer

Dampening: Unsure as of yet, but most likely Second Skin

Team Affiliations: TEAM Non-Conformists, TEAM Wolfpack Audio, TEAM Focal

Sponsorships: Formerly Sponsored by Team FOCAL ( Orca Distributing )

Years competing: off and on for about 23years

SPL competition? Never

Competition Promoter: Yes, tenatively scheduled for summer 2010.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
StuckinOK...sorry buddy, car is not finished. I just found out that I can purchase 4 Celestra amps for much less than I thought I could so I may have to sell my Audison's

I will be working on the car over the next 5 to 7 weeks. I will post pics when I start the process. I have the equipment ( minus the celestra, FA series ) and I will be working on another BMW with my friend. We are swapping out skillsets with each other.

My car, 98 Mustang (total 3way set will be in kicks if possible.)
His car, 2007 BMW 75IL (going to be a DTS 5.1 car)

I will compete Q only, he is DTS and Q

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm currently set up for DTS 5.1 minus the center channel, but almost never use the rear fill.
I can't get the sub to integrate correctly with most 5.1 discs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
are you capable of running DVD-Audio? I know that they have a few nice little 5.1 dvd's out there

·
Registered
67 Posts
Joe, didn't you judge my yellow vette last year?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah, I have several DVD-A disc, but my player only supports DVD. It will play the DVD-A discs, but not in DVD-A. It's the DVA-9965. The whole 5.1 thing really didn't pan out like I thought it would.

are you capable of running DVD-Audio? I know that they have a few nice little 5.1 dvd's out there

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joe, didn't you judge my yellow vette last year?

I sure did Smooth...and it sounded very nice. Have you tweeked it since then?

--Joe

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
HI JOE! Glad to see you today.

I totally agree with an OK G2G. There seems to be enough people from OK here and we could get some of the DFW guys to come up. We could do it at the shop. No worries about noise and plenty of parking.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I have several DVD-A disc, but my player only supports DVD. It will play the DVD-A discs, but not in DVD-A. It's the DVA-9965. The whole 5.1 thing really didn't pan out like I thought it would.

I will see if I can score some DTS cd's from a few of my associates. If so, I will get you one or two to work with.

--Joe

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HI JOE! Glad to see you today.

I totally agree with an OK G2G. There seems to be enough people from OK here and we could get some of the DFW guys to come up. We could do it at the shop. No worries about noise and plenty of parking.

That works for me Jason! And the install looks amazing as always my friend.

Guys, this man is the guru of wiring. I know we are all diy'ers here, but, if you need a helping hand...or thought, then I would ping this guy first.

--Joe

and bring them DFW guys up!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
How the hell are you smooth? You mad at me? Haven't seen you at the shop in a while.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now I remember, Smooth stated he got his equipment from you guys Jason. What a small world. His car certainly sounded good tonally, a little too bass heavy, imaging wasn't spot on, but then again, he was in the intro category. And his car is definately a great car

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
He's a really cool guy(smooth) and I gave him my advice on what to do to fix his problem. He told me he didn't have time to fix it then, but surely by now he has;).

·
Registered
67 Posts
How the hell are you smooth? You mad at me? Haven't seen you at the shop in a while.
Jason you got any big projects going?
My wife has been working me on to many honey do projects. Been building onto my house, that takes most of my time. I have not had anytime to spend on the toys. I hope to get out and around some soon.

Joe, decided to get back into competition instead off judging?

my install
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-build-logs/37729-c6-install.html

1 - 20 of 25 Posts