DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm DIY'ing some component speakers in my kick panels. I'm having a very hard time finding suitable grill solutions. I'm using a set of 6.5" Silver Flute woofers for now, but later on I'll probably upgrade to the 7" Daytons when the 4 ohm unshielded models come out. My tweeter selection isn't really solidified yet.

My problem is that I can't even find a decent grill for the 6.5s. I can get somebody's leftover parts on Ebay from their component kit, but I want something that I can use repeatably because I intend to sell a small quantity of these once I'm happy with their sound. All of the usual places like PE and Madisound only have their grills in 5", 6" and 8" sizes.

I may have to resort to building my own grills, but before I do that I really want to see if there's an affordable product that I can just buy that suits my needs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm planning on building some for mine. Planning on having so I can reuse my stock ones if I ever take the system in the future.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got some 7" CDT grills that I picked up awhile ago -- can't remember how much I paid for them but it was like 25? shipped for a pair -- still have some I didn't use that I could get rid of... they look decent (perfect fit for my RS 7" in my car) I'll see about getting some pics up if ya want... if you upgrade to those 7" RS that is :) - doubt they would fit a standard 6.5" without adapting them some...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
racerraul said:
They have one that appears to be a decent match to the Silver Flutes.

Ology, I may be interested if the price is right. Eventually I'm going to need to come up with a repeatable product, but in the meantime, having 1 set around to keep my Daytons covered during testing will still be a good thing.

If you can come up with pics, feel free to email them to jim85iroc at yahoo dot com, or AOL IM at Jim85IROC.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts